Author Topic: How do you download and play podcasts (Mondo and/or Mondo+)  (Read 2042 times)

TuneNut

How do you download and play podcasts (Mondo and/or Mondo+)
« on: 10:18:12 | 13 October, 2017 »
Hello,

I've never downloaded a podcast but would like to. I could not find anything about this in the manual for my Mondo+, but if it's possible please advise how to download and access/play podcasts (need dummies instructions, lol). Or perhaps I have to do it by using a USB stick?

I also have a Mondo, so it it's not possible with a Mondo+, kindly advise how to download and access/play podcasts on a Mondo.

In any case, how do you download a podcast from https://www.franceculture.fr/ ?

Thanks!

Solo2

• Administrator
  • On the internet, no one knows whose dog you are.
Re: How do you download and play podcasts (Mondo and/or Mondo+)
« Reply #1 on: 11:56:51 | 13 October, 2017 »
The Mondo Plus has an integrated podcast function called audiosear.ch.  Look for it at "music services."  You can browse the offered podcasts by topic or search for one by name.

You also can add your own podcasts if you wish if you have registered your Mondo Plus at https://myradiosplus.gracedigital.com/  Go to that site, and look for "my podcasts" on the right.  Click on "more info" to open it.  Then click on "add a podcast."  Where it says "name," type France Culture.  Where it says url, type, for example, http://radiofrance-podcast.net/podcast09/rss_11921.xml  then press "save."  Go to the Mondo Plus, and go to "internet radio," then "my stuff" then "my podcasts."  France Culture should show up as an offered podcast and you can then listen to it.
Radios:   Grace GDI-IRA500, 2 GDI-IRDT200s, GDI-IRMS300, Grace IRC6000W, Grace GDI-WHA6001, Grace and Reciva iradio apps
The following users thanked this post: TuneNut

TuneNut

« Reply #2 on: 14:25:28 | 13 October, 2017 »
I will try that over the weekend.

Thanks very much!

Solo2

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 05:40:57 | 14 October, 2017 »
Entering "France" in audiosear.ch's "search by term" function brings up "Les nuites de France Culture."  You can listen there.   

You also can go to https://myradiosplus.gracedigital.com/ and select "podcast search" and enter "France" as a search term under "keywords."  Use the "show entries" window to expand the search to 25 entries and scroll to "Les nuites de France Culture."  Then press the "add to favorites" bar and save the podcast to either "my podcasts" or "saved podcasts."  On your Mondo Plus, you should be able then to go to "internet radio," "my stuff" then either to "my podcasts" or "saved podcasts" to listen to the selected podcasts.
Radios:   Grace GDI-IRA500, 2 GDI-IRDT200s, GDI-IRMS300, Grace IRC6000W, Grace GDI-WHA6001, Grace and Reciva iradio apps

TuneNut

« Reply #4 on: 14:32:39 | 15 October, 2017 »
Good instructions! I was able to add "Les Nuits de France Culture" on the Mondo Plus by going to "internet radio," "my stuff" and then to "my podcasts."

The list of podcasts is extremely long. In an effort to find certain podcasts without having to scroll through such a long list, is/are one or both of the following possible?

1. If I select (listen to) a podcast, can I then add it to my favorite podcasts if I want to be able to access it again?

2. Is it possible to search for a podcast on the France Culture website and add it to my favorite podcasts that way? If so, how can I access this specific podcast https://www.franceculture.fr/emissions/les-cours-du-college-de-france/les-usages-de-la-terre-cosmopolitiques-de-la-13

Thanks.
« Last Edit: 16:52:01 | 15 October, 2017 by TuneNut »

Solo2

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 20:06:24 | 15 October, 2017 »
From the webpage https://www.franceculture.fr/emissions/les-cours-du-college-de-france/les-usages-de-la-terre-cosmopolitiques-de-la-13, click on the box that says "podcast."  Then double-click on the link that says "S'abonner via RSS."   That opens a page called http://radiofrance-podcast.net/podcast09/rss_11921.xml  Copy and paste that link to "add podcasts" at https://myradiosplus.gracedigital.com/  You can use that method for the rest of the France Culture podcasts to add them as well.

At this point there's no way of adding podcasts or streams to "my stuff" directly from the radio.  You have to do it through Grace's portal.

TuneNut

« Reply #6 on: 09:06:02 | 16 October, 2017 »
That worked. Thanks so much!

Solo2

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 09:21:56 | 16 October, 2017 »
De rien.

TuneNut

« Reply #8 on: 08:00:36 | 20 October, 2017 »
Is it possible to pause, rewind and/or fast forward a podcast on the Mondo Plus (or anywhere else)? I doubt it but if it's possible, that would be nice as there are often interruptions that cause me to miss part of a podcast. Merci.

buffettck

« Reply #9 on: 08:05:15 | 20 October, 2017 »
All I can do is pause and play on my radio.  No fast forward or rewind.  I haven't even had my Mondo+ a week and I'm constantly finding irritating things about it.  I can't even access my saved stations or podcasts on the radio even though they show in my Grace account and I registered the radio.  Not good.

TuneNut

« Reply #10 on: 08:32:53 | 20 October, 2017 »
All I can do is pause and play on my radio.  No fast forward or rewind.  I haven't even had my Mondo+ a week and I'm constantly finding irritating things about it.  I can't even access my saved stations or podcasts on the radio even though they show in my Grace account and I registered the radio.  Not good.
How do you pause a podcast? That would be very helpful.

I had trouble getting things set up on our Mondo+. It took a while but now the few things I use work okay most of the time. Solo2's instructions in this thread for downloading podcasts worked for me.

You are right that the Mondo Plus does not save podcasts in My Stuff | Saved Podcasts. I hope they fix this or that someone can explain how to get saved podcasts (saved on https://myradiosplus.gracedigital.com/)  into Saved Podcasts on the radio.

It *is* possible to find podcasts in two places:
-- My Stuff | My Podcasts
-- History

In My Stuff | My Podcasts I can save a whole group of related podcasts but cannot single out and save one particular podcast.

In History, everything you listen to is listed, so you can revisit individual podcasts this way. At some point, I imagine things drop off the History list. I don't know if it's when a certain number of things are listed there or if it they eventually time out and get deleted from the list.

Solo2

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: 09:42:36 | 20 October, 2017 »
You can pause podcasts by pressing the center button. You can also skip from episode to episode using the arrows. You cannot rewind or fast forward. Supposedly that's in the next update.

buffettck

« Reply #12 on: 09:57:23 | 20 October, 2017 »
Will we ever be able to pause live radio and pick up later where we left off like I could on my old Logitech Squeezebox?

Solo2

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: 10:14:41 | 20 October, 2017 »
 No idea. Maybe @Greg will respond.

TuneNut

« Reply #14 on: 16:38:57 | 20 October, 2017 »
You can pause podcasts by pressing the center button. You can also skip from episode to episode using the arrows. You cannot rewind or fast forward. Supposedly that's in the next update.
By "center button," are you referring to the row of 5 buttons? If so, I pressed the center button during a podcast and it took me back to History but not to the podcast in question (left me at a radio station listed just above the podcast). I scrolled to the podcast and pressed the center button again, but nothing happened. I then pressed the large knob, and the podcast started all over again.

I also tried to pause a podcast using the largest knob, but that didn't do anything.

Where am I going wrong?

anything