Author Topic: Mondo+ keeps re-starting over and over?  (Read 716 times)

buffettck

Mondo+ keeps re-starting over and over?
« on: 17:10:31 | 20 October, 2017 »
Great.  My new Mondo+ that was working so perfectly is now stuck in some kind of boot loader loop or something.  It just keeps reloading and tells me to "press the power button" over and over again.  I tried a hard shut down with the power button, leaving it unplugged for a while, etc and nothing fixes it.  Any ideas?

buffettck

Re: Mondo+ keeps re-starting over and over?
« Reply #1 on: 16:38:27 | 21 October, 2017 »
I got it working again.  Every three to five reboots, I'd get a very short window of a few seconds where the thing wasn't totally locked up and I could scroll through the menus.  After many tries, I was able to spin to the factory reset and select it.  That broke it out of the constant reboot loop.  There really needs to be a better way to do this because I know I'm not the only person who's experienced this constant rebooting hell as I've read about it happening to other people in the Amazon reviews and elsewhere.  It's a real PITA because you have to be damned FAST and not make a single mistake like rolling past the menu selection or something.  Zero room for error.  ::)

Dogmatix

« Reply #2 on: 02:55:12 | 22 October, 2017 »
Is there no way of forcing a factory reset by unplugging the power then keeping select/enter pressed while plugging the power in again (with battery, if fitted, removed), like with the Mondo non-plus?
Radios in use: Roberts Stream 93i, Sangean WFR-29C, Technisat 450 & 520, Revo Pixis RX, Hama DIT2010, IR110 & DIR3100.

buffettck

« Reply #3 on: 12:43:39 | 22 October, 2017 »
Is there no way of forcing a factory reset by unplugging the power then keeping select/enter pressed while plugging the power in again (with battery, if fitted, removed), like with the Mondo non-plus?

Apparently not.  I tried power cycling it with just about every button pressed over many tries.  I left it unplugged for hours to dump any charge that might be retaining settings.  I unplugged my router so there was no internet connection available to it.  No battery, either.  The only thing that worked was quickly accessing the factory reset function in the menu structure.

Dogmatix

« Reply #4 on: 01:09:45 | 23 October, 2017 »
Is there no way of forcing a factory reset [...]?
Apparently not. [...]

Perhaps Grace should think about considering the possibility of adding an emergency factory reset feature.
Radios in use: Roberts Stream 93i, Sangean WFR-29C, Technisat 450 & 520, Revo Pixis RX, Hama DIT2010, IR110 & DIR3100.

Solo2

• Administrator
  • On the internet, no one knows whose dog you are.
« Reply #5 on: 02:57:09 | 23 October, 2017 »
Perhaps Grace should think about considering the possibility of adding an emergency factory reset feature.

Apparently, they are; "I've asked the developers about it as it's a good idea. And was very useful.

Thanks, Greg"
Radios:   Grace GDI-IRA500, 2 GDI-IRDT200s, GDI-IRMS300, Grace IRC6000W, Grace GDI-WHA6001, Grace and Reciva iradio apps

buffettck

« Reply #6 on: 06:56:39 | 23 October, 2017 »

Apparently, they are; "I've asked the developers about it as it's a good idea. And was very useful.

Thanks, Greg"

Probably because I asked Greg on Friday night about making it easier to do since trying to rip through the menu to get to it before it locked up was a real PITA.  He replied, "Agreed."  LOL