Author Topic: Como Audio Duetto  (Read 395 times)

highaltitudes

Como Audio Duetto
« on: 16:28:10 | 05 February, 2018 »
Anyone have one of these or an opinion on these?  They are a bit pricey but loaded up with about everything.

https://www.comoaudio.com/products/duetto

Solo2

• Administrator
  • On the internet, no one knows whose dog you are.
Re: Como Audio Duetto
« Reply #1 on: 16:50:10 | 05 February, 2018 »
$$$$
Radios:   Grace GDI-IRA500, 2 GDI-IRDT200s, GDI-IRMS300, Grace IRC6000W, Grace GDI-WHA6001, Grace and Reciva iradio apps

highaltitudes

« Reply #2 on: 19:07:17 | 05 February, 2018 »
Hah, yeah, THAT part I know, but really, only $100 more than an Encore + but seems a bit more endowed and robust.  Maybe not as big though? 

Dogmatix

« Reply #3 on: 23:05:58 | 05 February, 2018 »
Como are one of the very few brands offering Frontier Silicon Venice 6.5 based radios in the US (there are quite a few more in Europe).

The Duette has many features in common with other FS-Based radios, but does have some interesting features compared to others: a decent wooden cabinet, and plenty of inputs/outputs.

On the down side, it has a very minimalist remote, with not very many buttons, some of which have various different functions depending on the mode. The remote does not have direct preset access buttons, nor does it have direct mode buttons. Yes, you can use the Como-branded version of the standard UNDOK app, if you have your smartphone handy; but I prefer a well-buttoned remote (the one Hama supply with their FS-based radios being a good example). On the subject of presets, the Como appears to offer a mere six; I consider this to be rather mean - Hama radios offer 30; Roberts, 40. Considering how many internet radio stations there are out there...

Like many other FS-based radios, the Como uses the standard wifiradio-frontier.com portal, where you can seek out new stations, and add them to a favourites list (under which you can create folders, but not re-arrange saved stations in any way) to use from your radio.

Como radios are offered in Europe and in the USA. The European models also feature DAB (digital terrestrial radio). They have a lot of competition in Europe, but hardly any (as yet) in the USA (Grace Digital, and... er... hmm...).

All in all, for my taste, the Comos have too few presets and a too small a remote for the, in my opinion, rather exaggerated price (even considering the nice woodwork). But in the US there's not much choice.

Radios in use: Roberts Stream 93i, Sangean WFR-29C, Technisat 450 & 520, Revo Pixis RX, Hama DIT2010, IR110 & DIR3100.

Solo2

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 05:06:39 | 06 February, 2018 »
In my opinion, in comparison with the Encore Plus, I think that the Como Duetto is a lesser product at a greater price.  The Encore Plus has a more sophisticated snooze/sleep/display system and more alarms.  The Encore Plus has 10 presets vs. the Como's 6.  The Encore Plus has a better equalizer.  The Como has the Frontier Silicon/vTuner station base, but the Encore Plus has its own, plus Shoutcast, Live365 and the ability to add stations from Reciva.   The Encore Plus also has iHeart and Sirius XM integration.  Most importantly, the Encore Plus has Chromecast built-in, which gives it the capacity to play from almost any app.  And, as part of the Google ecosystem, the radio can be controlled by a Google Home device.  True, the Como may be prettier, but the Encore Plus is no dog, particularly in the walnut trim.

I should qualify this to say this is a view from the USA;  I think DAB/DAB + might tip the scale toward the Como in Europe.
Radios:   Grace GDI-IRA500, 2 GDI-IRDT200s, GDI-IRMS300, Grace IRC6000W, Grace GDI-WHA6001, Grace and Reciva iradio apps

Dogmatix

« Reply #5 on: 06:46:21 | 06 February, 2018 »
... the Encore Plus is no dog, particularly in the walnut trim.
In my opinion, the walnut Encore beats the Como boxes in looks any day. In my opinion.

I should qualify this to say this is a view from the USA;  I think DAB/DAB + might tip the scale toward the Como in Europe.
However, in Europe, the price of the Como tips the scales towards Roberts and Hama and Technisat and others (but not Revo, whose radios (except the Pixis) are also very pricey) - most of which also have DAB+.
Radios in use: Roberts Stream 93i, Sangean WFR-29C, Technisat 450 & 520, Revo Pixis RX, Hama DIT2010, IR110 & DIR3100.

Natural Sound

« Reply #6 on: 19:03:35 | 06 February, 2018 »
The next Internet radio I buy will need to support DASH for the BBC streams. I don't think the Duetto will support that need. Very nice looking radio though.

Dogmatix

« Reply #7 on: 23:22:32 | 06 February, 2018 »
The next Internet radio I buy will need to support DASH for the BBC streams. I don't think the Duetto will support that need.

If it has moderately recent software, which it should, then it will support BBC-DASH. The software has to be V2.10 or above - some other brands' radios are already on V2.12. If anyone out there already has a Como radio, could you please tell us the software level? (should be under 'SW version' in 'Menu' > 'System Settings' > 'Info'; it starts "ir-mmi-FS2026-[another 4 digits]_[software level beginning with V2]").

Solo2

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: 00:16:00 | 07 February, 2018 »
Como claims it supports the BBC mpeg dash streams. https://www.amazon.com/ask/questions/Tx15Q3EA0SV9VRB/?  The Grace plus radios can play the BBC HLS streams.

Astur

« Reply #9 on: 01:32:48 | 07 February, 2018 »
If anyone out there already has a Como radio, could you please tell us the software level?

My Como Audio Amico FW is: ir-mmi-FS2026-0500-0489_V2.11.16c.EX69641-1A37.

Dogmatix

« Reply #10 on: 03:56:33 | 07 February, 2018 »
My Como Audio Amico FW is: ir-mmi-FS2026-0500-0489_V2.11.16c.EX69641-1A37.

Gracias, Astur.

There we have it: V2.11, so it can do the BBC DASH.

Astur

« Reply #11 on: 07:12:03 | 07 February, 2018 »

anything