Author Topic: French Radio Stations Don't Connect  (Read 505 times)

Boomer

French Radio Stations Don't Connect
« on: 08:19:28 | 04 July, 2018 »
Several months ago France Inter was lost from my Imp radio, I just had a repeating cycle of 'retrying'. I attempted to 'retune' and reset the preset using both high and low bit rate options, neither worked so I switched to France Info instead as that worked OK.

Now I find that France Info doesn't work and neither does France Musique, (though I have never used that before). France Inter works fine on my Roberts (non-Receiva) radio, Brennan B2 and Android tablets, as it always has.

What has changed?

Paul Webster

Re: French Radio Stations Don't Connect
« Reply #1 on: 08:56:42 | 04 July, 2018 »
This might not help you much ... but France Inter works fine on my Tangent Quattro.
I selected the MidFi 128k MP3 stream.
It appears to be a regular set-up with Nginx sitting in front of their streaming service.
However, perhaps your Imp cannot handle the redirect so try this in My Streams ...
http://chai5she.cdn.dvmr.fr:80/franceinter-midfi.mp3
Reciva-based Logik IR100 and Tangent Quattro MKII plus lots of Logitech (ex-Slimdevices) Squeezebox and 2 old Turtlebeach Audiotron, handful of O2 Jogglers and some Raspberry Pis

Boomer

« Reply #2 on: 08:51:58 | 05 July, 2018 »
All of our non-receiva devices, including a Q2 radio (not mentioned before), make use of presets, bookmarks etc. that haven't been changed at all this year. Only the IMP doesn't work and the situation regarding the French stations seems to be getting worse.

I can only assume that Receiva's database maintenance is introducing new errors, i.e. changing URLs that don't need changing.

zeewier

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 09:18:48 | 05 July, 2018 »
Confirming what @Paul Webster said, all streams of France Inter and France Musique (128 and 32 kbps for each station) are working fine here at the moment when selected from the Reciva station list on my radio (Avox TMA1). Have you tried once again tuning in via the station list on your Reciva radio? Maybe unplugging for a couple of minutes and rebooting the Imp first helps.

Boomer

« Reply #4 on: 15:09:24 | 05 July, 2018 »
Switched off the adapter, waited several minutes, switched on and worked through 'stations', 'france' etc. Same as before, I just get connecting/retrying. Same with France Info & Musique. Next on menu, France80 connects OK showing 128MP3.

zeewier

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 15:57:17 | 05 July, 2018 »
Your best bet may be My Streams. Have you tried putting http://chai5she.cdn.dvmr.fr/franceinter-midfi.mp3 in to your My Streams as Paul has suggested? It is a plain standard MP3 stream so far as I can see and should play on any internet radio.

Paul Webster

« Reply #6 on: 02:27:30 | 06 July, 2018 »
What is the software version of your Imp?
Reciva-based Logik IR100 and Tangent Quattro MKII plus lots of Logitech (ex-Slimdevices) Squeezebox and 2 old Turtlebeach Audiotron, handful of O2 Jogglers and some Raspberry Pis

Boomer

« Reply #7 on: 13:09:52 | 09 July, 2018 »
I think it is v257-a-181-a001.

At the weekend I tried it at a different house, i.e. different network, ISP etc. but I still get the connecting/retrying loop.

Ancient History: Many years ago I updated the firmware, I have never registered the radio with Reciva as I never felt the need to do so. The wi-fi dongle was replaced over 5 years ago to overcome problems with neighbouring networks. Other than that it has always worked OK, just losing more and more functionality as the BBC 'improves' its online services year by year! (The French services are far more reliable).

anything