Author Topic: NPR programming not updating  (Read 3749 times)

drrabun

NPR programming not updating
« on: 08:27:27 | 26 May, 2011 »
I've got a Livio NPR Radio. Got it because I was going through withdrawal after moving to a night shift and wanted to be able to hear the day's Morning Edition program in the afternoon.  It is not podcast, so can't get it that way.  Got the radio in January 2011. NPR stations and programming worked fine and were current until about 1 month ago when it seemed to freeze up.  I was only able to get programs up to 4/19, nothing more recent.  I sent it back to Livio, they checked it out, pronounced it well, and returned it.  Now I can still get the stations as live feed but when I try to listen to programs, (Internet Radio - NPR - Content - Programs - Morning Edition) I am only able to get May 19th as the most recent program.  Livio says not their problem.  Is there a Reciva glitch? Is there a way to fix this?  No way to contact Reciva. Have already updated the serial number and registration on Reciva, unplugged and replugged.

Alan E Hill

• Oh! That British Bloke ...
  • Administrator
  • That British Bloke ...
    • Oh! That British Bloke ...
Re: NPR programming not updating
« Reply #1 on: 09:01:37 | 26 May, 2011 »
Hello drrabun. We have no official link with Reciva, other than most of us own a Reciva radio or two, so any response from Reciva via this forum will only be if they notice your posting while they lurk here, which they seem to do quite regularly. Maybe things will mysteriously get better as seems to happen now and again.

In the meantime, I am sure that other listeners to NPR will offer their assistance if they have anything to add.
Alan | That British Bloke Listening in Navarumsunk, NJ, USA, where all the women are strong, all the men good-looking, and all the children above average
Listening to LiquidLounge
Sangean WFR-20 / RCR-8 | Grace IR2600 | Alexa | Google Home
dumnonia.us

Paul Webster

« Reply #2 on: 12:36:05 | 26 May, 2011 »
Hopefully Livio will have used their official route to contact Recjva to report it.
The implication is that on other Livio radios it was working fine ... but ... checking station id 2897 on the Reciva web site shows that the On Demand content matches your experience.
So looks like problem at Reciva end.
I'll report it to Reciva as well.
Reciva-based Logik IR100 and Tangent Quattro MKII plus lots of Logitech (ex-Slimdevices) Squeezebox and 2 old Turtlebeach Audiotron, handful of O2 Jogglers and some Raspberry Pis

drrabun

« Reply #3 on: 06:25:47 | 27 May, 2011 »
This morning my program was up to date!  Hope it lasts for a while!

Paul Webster

« Reply #4 on: 06:56:28 | 27 May, 2011 »
Reciva fixed it earlier today.
Was related to a database issue.
Reciva-based Logik IR100 and Tangent Quattro MKII plus lots of Logitech (ex-Slimdevices) Squeezebox and 2 old Turtlebeach Audiotron, handful of O2 Jogglers and some Raspberry Pis

drrabun

Down again
« Reply #5 on: 08:14:32 | 06 June, 2011 »
 This morning the latest NPR programming on demand available is from 5/31/11.  I would think that the people trying to market the Livio Radio would be on this - how can you sell a product if it doesn't work as advertised?  Is there no way to contact Reciva about this?

E

Paul Webster

« Reply #6 on: 08:24:18 | 06 June, 2011 »
I have just reported it.

Paul Webster

« Reply #7 on: 09:54:34 | 07 June, 2011 »
NPR On Demand content seems to have caught up.

anything