Author Topic: Reciva Stingray  (Read 443 times)

Alex

Reciva Stingray
« on: 02:20:46 | 23 August, 2018 »
Can I buy a Reciva Stingray module?
I really need it to replace a faulty one.

Dogmatix

Re: Reciva Stingray
« Reply #1 on: 07:47:52 | 23 August, 2018 »
Forum member 'drgeoff' may be able to help you there.

However, Stingray modules are not as universal as Barracuda modules were. Stingrays came in various lengths, depending on whether DAB and/or FM sections were on board. A 'long' Stingray may not fit in a radio designed for a standard one.

There is also a question of firmware. Different audio, display and WLAN circuits were used in the Stingray radios, requiring different drivers in the firmware. Thus the firmware on a transplanted Stingray might not comprise the requisite drivers for a different model radio. And, again, unlike with Barracuda modules, there is no way to 'get at' the firmware on Stingrays (mostly v265 or v266 series), nor to replace it. Even if the rather cumbersome 'JTAG' method were to be possible, there would be the problem of obtaining the files. So the best thing would be, if possible, to get  Stingray module from the same model radio.
Radios in use: Roberts Stream 93i, Sangean WFR-29C, Technisat 450 & 520, Revo Pixis RX, Hama DIT2010, IR110 & DIR3100.

drgeoff

« Reply #2 on: 01:17:04 | 24 August, 2018 »
Sorry I cannot help.  I've never had a Stingray module or a radio containing one in my hands.

Even replacing it with a Barracuda in the hope of getting its reduced functionality working is problematic.  As Dogmatix explained its firmware may not have the drivers for the newer hardware items in the later radios that used Stingrays.

Alex

« Reply #3 on: 01:43:52 | 24 August, 2018 »
Thank you for your desire to help! I need this module for the Grace Mondo GDI-IRC6000 radio. In my radio it is not exhausted, everything works, but there is no sound.
I moved this module from my friend's radio and everything works fine. So the problem is in it. I want to make it work.

Dogmatix

« Reply #4 on: 04:35:40 | 24 August, 2018 »
Have you tried contacting Grace Digital?
Radios in use: Roberts Stream 93i, Sangean WFR-29C, Technisat 450 & 520, Revo Pixis RX, Hama DIT2010, IR110 & DIR3100.

Alex

« Reply #5 on: 05:25:06 | 24 August, 2018 »
Yes, I wrote to them. They asked me to send them a radio. I do not accept this option, I'm in another country, and sending is unprofitable. Sending only the module is much cheaper.

Solo2

• Administrator
  • On the internet, no one knows whose dog you are.
« Reply #6 on: 05:30:39 | 24 August, 2018 »
It may be easier, if not cheaper, to get a complete, different Mondo from wherever the other one came from?
Radios:   Grace GDI-IRA500, 2 GDI-IRDT200s, GDI-IRMS300, Grace IRC6000W, Grace GDI-WHA6001, Grace and Reciva iradio apps

Alex

« Reply #7 on: 06:48:58 | 24 August, 2018 »
I hope to find the owner of such a radio with another breakdown. I would buy this module from him.

Solo2

• Administrator
  • On the internet, no one knows whose dog you are.
« Reply #8 on: 07:44:11 | 24 August, 2018 »
Well, good luck.  I don't know how hard it is to get hold of a Mondo in Russia.  I do know that most carriers won't ship electronics from the US to Russia.  The post office will only ship documents and "low value" items to individuals in Russia and I don't know if an internet radio would make it through customs and in any event the duty would probably make it prohibitive.
Radios:   Grace GDI-IRA500, 2 GDI-IRDT200s, GDI-IRMS300, Grace IRC6000W, Grace GDI-WHA6001, Grace and Reciva iradio apps

Keenite

« Reply #9 on: 02:07:19 | 26 August, 2018 »
I suppose you've already tried this, but in case you haven't, is there sound via the headphone/line out jacks on the back?
Have you tried a full factory reset?

Alex

« Reply #10 on: 00:42:39 | 27 August, 2018 »
Yes, of course I tried it all.

anything