Author Topic: BBC at it again.... iPlayer to be replaced.  (Read 604 times)

anotherbob

• ... Finding Gateway ...
ANOTHERBOB  
RECIVA RADIO...... AVOX Indio Color.
Non RECIVA RADIOS......  REVO PIXIS RX. Squeezebox Touch. PURE One Flow. Zettaly Avy ZA-407

Alan E Hill

• Oh! That British Bloke ...
  • Administrator
  • That British Bloke ...
    • Oh! That British Bloke ...
Re: BBC at it again.... iPlayer to be replaced.
« Reply #1 on: 02:07:41 | 17 October, 2018 »
I suspect it's a lot to do with regionalisation. I notice it's only available in the UK.

With respect to the TV iPlayer this is getting more and more difficult to get around - yes, I know, I'd pay my licence fee if there was a way.

It used to work dependably using a proxy server, no whirlies, HD video, etc, but recently it's taken to detecting the proxy as abroad, until the proxy finds another UK IP. If I use VPN, sometimes I have to try two or three times before getting an IP which works.
Alan | That British Bloke Listening in Navarumsunk, NJ, USA, where all the women are strong, all the men good-looking, and all the children above average
Listening to LiquidLounge
Sangean WFR-20 / RCR-8 | Grace IR2600 | Alexa
dumnonia.us

Paul Webster

« Reply #2 on: 10:08:01 | 17 October, 2018 »
On their website they now redirect /radio to /sounds
Thankfully can still get to the schedules pages from there.
Reciva-based Logik IR100 and Tangent Quattro MKII plus lots of Logitech (ex-Slimdevices) Squeezebox and 2 old Turtlebeach Audiotron, handful of O2 Jogglers and some Raspberry Pis

anotherbob

• ... Finding Gateway ...
« Reply #3 on: 01:09:58 | 18 October, 2018 »
The BBC SOUNDS app doesn't support Android 4 so it won't work on my Zettally Avy. This excellent device is our "kitchen radio" enabling Internet Radio via Tune-In, my own audio collection using VLC, and BBC Listen Again via iPlayer radio. It does seem as though the BBC is only interested in listeners who use their phones (and only recent ones at that). At the moment the app doesn't even have schedules available.
I don't know how this might effect the remarkable folk on the Squeezebox forum who continue to enable Squeezebox users to  get full access to iPlayer content. 
ANOTHERBOB  
RECIVA RADIO...... AVOX Indio Color.
Non RECIVA RADIOS......  REVO PIXIS RX. Squeezebox Touch. PURE One Flow. Zettaly Avy ZA-407

Paul Webster

« Reply #4 on: 05:11:34 | 18 October, 2018 »
It also does not work on old iOS versions ... so iPhone 5 and older will have a problem if they remove support for BBC iPlayer app.
Reciva-based Logik IR100 and Tangent Quattro MKII plus lots of Logitech (ex-Slimdevices) Squeezebox and 2 old Turtlebeach Audiotron, handful of O2 Jogglers and some Raspberry Pis

anything