Author Topic: Grace Mondo Plus Classic  (Read 861 times)

Solo2

• Administrator
  • On the internet, no one knows whose dog you are.
Grace Mondo Plus Classic
« on: 08:29:00 | 01 December, 2018 »
Grace Digital now has the Mondo Plus Classic listed on their website, but it is not yet on sale.  It has a wooden cabinet, in either black or walnut, and has a Qi charging plate on top for phones.  The list price is $249.99 but they will have frequent sales.  Here's the description:

The Grace Digital Mondo+ Classic is the perfect combination of old world quality meets new world technology. The Mondo+ Classic includes built in audio apps for access to over 100,000 internet radio stations, as well as Bluetooth and Chromecast built-in. Control the Mondo+ Classic via the front panel controls, included infrared remote, the Grace Digital smartphone app remote controller, Chromecast enabled smartphone apps and even via Google Home’s voice assistant. The Mondo+ Classic is the perfect bedside alarm clock with its 5 custom alarms settings, snooze and sleep timers, as well as custom day time and nighttime backlit display settings. With an integrated class D digital amplifier and custom speaker driver you will appreciate the warm deep bass and crisp highs coming from such a small package. Put a Mondo+ Classic in your bedroom, den and kitchen and play different music in every room, or synchronize your music throughout your home. With our built in multi-room audio feature you can mix and match any Mondo+, Mondo+ Classic and Encore+ and play different music or the same music synchronized through your house. And with the Chromecast built-in audio function you can group any Mondo+ Classic with any Google audio speakers or any brand of speakers that support the Chromecast built-in audio functionality for a multi-brand whole home audio solution.

Features tab:

Standard

·         Chromecast built-in: This built-in software from Google eliminates the need for a separate Chromecast Audio dongle. Chromecast built-in lets you instantly stream your favorite music, radio, or podcasts from your mobile device to the Mondo Plus

·         100,000+ Internet Radio Stations: Always in range of your favorite AM/FM/HD radio station via the internet.

·         Large color 3.5” display makes for easy navigation through the menus, settings, and apps

·         Access to more content: With the combination of Internet Radio, Bluetooth, and Chromecast built-in, you can now access all the content in the world on your Mondo+

·         Multi-Room Audio: Chromecast built-in feature also allows you to create multiple different streaming groups. Group a Mondo+ with other Mondo+ radios, or any other Chromecast audio compatible device (including a Google Home), and stream synchronized to all devices in the group at the same time.

·         Bluetooth 4.1: Integrated Bluetooth 4.1 chip which allows it to function as a standard in-home Bluetooth speaker or even transmit Bluetooth audio from the speaker to Bluetooth headphone or earbuds.

·         Works with Google Assistant: Anyone that owns a Google Home device can give voice commands to stream to the Mondo+

·         5V 3A USB port on the back of the unit allows the Mondo+ Classic to recharge your smartphone or tablet at any time

·         Integrated 10 watt Qi wireless charging pad (7.5w effective quick charge output) to charge any official Qi enabled device.

Radios:   Grace GDI-IRA500, 2 GDI-IRDT200s, GDI-IRMS300, Grace IRC6000W, Grace GDI-WHA6001, Grace and Reciva iradio apps

Solo2

• Administrator
Re: Grace Mondo Plus Classic
« Reply #1 on: 08:45:51 | 01 December, 2018 »
Radios:   Grace GDI-IRA500, 2 GDI-IRDT200s, GDI-IRMS300, Grace IRC6000W, Grace GDI-WHA6001, Grace and Reciva iradio apps

Solo2

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 08:47:10 | 01 December, 2018 »

Solo2

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 08:48:18 | 01 December, 2018 »

castalla

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 11:19:02 | 01 December, 2018 »
Chromecast?  Probably can be used with LMS chromecast bridge, adding in iPlayer, etc.  A bit pricey, 'though!
ARTICLE 50 - NOT IN MY NAME

Solo2

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 11:30:45 | 01 December, 2018 »
Yes, their existing Mondo + and Encore + work with the LMS castbridge add-on.  They wanted to price it between the plastic Mondo + and the Encore +.  I imagine they'll have frequent promotions to sell it at a discount.  They just had a 30% off sale for black Friday.

Solo2

• Administrator

Emilio

« Reply #7 on: 12:24:47 | 31 March, 2019 »
Hello,
I am totally new here. Forgive me if I am not doing the right thing. I received my Grace Digital Mondo+Classic two days ago and it wouldn't connect to (my) apple modem Airport Express 802.11n. I was advised to try the network of someone else to see if it still wouldn't work. A friend of mine has modem Thomson and Airport Express. The radio connected to the Thomson but wouldn't connect to Airport Express. On both Airport Express modems the radio displays the same message: Error - "Failed to resolve server URL. Please check your internet connection." Apparently the new Mondo+ Classic does not connect to Airport Express modems. Does anyone know anything about it? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Solo2

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: 15:09:16 | 31 March, 2019 »
No idea, but please see this thread:  https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8476114

anything