Author Topic: Mondo + Display colors  (Read 592 times)

johngard99

Mondo + Display colors
« on: 10:01:28 | 22 January, 2019 »
Is there a way to change the color scheme?  I have low vision and am unable to distinguish the slight difference in color between a selected item and the background of black and dark blue on the screen. 

Solo2

• Administrator
  • On the internet, no one knows whose dog you are.
Re: Mondo + Display colors
« Reply #1 on: 11:13:31 | 22 January, 2019 »
I know you can change the clock color from blue to red on a black background and you can also specify day or night modes that adjust the display brightness to suit your preference.  I don't know how you can entirely change the color scheme.
Radios:   Grace GDI-IRA500, 2 GDI-IRDT200s, GDI-IRMS300, Grace IRC6000W, Grace GDI-WHA6001, Grace and Reciva iradio apps

Solo2

• Administrator
  • On the internet, no one knows whose dog you are.
« Reply #2 on: 12:16:04 | 22 January, 2019 »
Here's what Grace's CEO had to say about this:

No way to change the contrast. I have heard similar questions / comments.   I would ask him how he is looking at the display. The best contrast is when your head is above the center of the display.  So sometimes people are lying in bed with their head below the center of the display and the contrast is very bad … so sitting up or tilting the radio down will help that.

Displays like ours have various viewing angle. We pay a lot of money for our display because we buy in small volumes so we can’t afford a display that has great viewing area ( contrast) at all angles .. so we chose one that looks best from above instead of below.

One other options since he is mainly talking about the viewing angle when in a list is to

a)      Save his stations to presets so he doesn’t have to go through the list

b)      Look from above, not below as I note above

c)       Use the web portal to search for stations and save them to his my stuff folder. ( although I guess that would yield the same problem as it’s a list…)

I think b is the best answer as it really has a lot of difference when looking from above. Also, he should increase the back light up to max…

Radios:   Grace GDI-IRA500, 2 GDI-IRDT200s, GDI-IRMS300, Grace IRC6000W, Grace GDI-WHA6001, Grace and Reciva iradio apps

johngard99

« Reply #3 on: 14:51:52 | 23 May, 2019 »
I appreciate the replies.  I must say that I am not asking for a contrast change exactly, but a color change.  The colors are black and dark blue, which themselves are low contrasts.  I am asking if the colors could be changed to white background, black when selected or some combination like that.  If this is not presently possible, I would ask that it be considered for a future update. 

anything