Author Topic: Encore Plus SiriusXM Issue  (Read 310 times)

BMRFanboy

Encore Plus SiriusXM Issue
« on: 11:05:36 | 07 February, 2019 »
I am a new Encore+ owner and loving it . . . except for one issue I can't seem to solve.  After a bit of trial and error, I got my SiriusXM account registered and began streaming with no problem.  I listen at work and have it going pretty much all day.  After a flawless first couple of days of operation, the SiriusXM stream has begun to stop unexpectedly.  I get this message on the display:  "Playback stopped. Retrying . . .".  Even though it says it is retrying, it never reconnects and it seems to freeze any operation for SiriusXM.  Changing channels does not solve the problem.  I can successfully change to another streaming source and it works fine.  But if I try to return to SiriusXM, I still get the same "playback stopped" message.  The only way to resolve it is a hard reset or to leave the unit powered off for a considerable amount of time (like an hour), then things will start up again.  I thought it might be just an occasional glitch with SiriusXM that I could live with, but unfortunately it seems to be happening more frequently.  Any solutions would be much appreciated!

Solo2

• Administrator
  • On the internet, no one knows whose dog you are.
Re: Encore Plus SiriusXM Issue
« Reply #1 on: 15:45:27 | 07 February, 2019 »
I relayed your question to Grace's CEO.  His response boils down to "we're working on it:"

Grace Digital is aware of the issues and is working with SXM to find the cause. The issue seems to only be affecting a small percentage of SXM customers, and those who are affected do not typically need a reboot. However, we have heard of a few issues where a hard reset is required to restart the SXM application.  We do not know the root cause of the issue, but the developers are analyzing the situation as a top priority.  A radio firmware upgrade will be required to resolve the change that SXM made on their service. We apologize for the service disruption while we work on the fix.

Regards,

Greg
Radios:   Grace GDI-IRA500, 2 GDI-IRDT200s, GDI-IRMS300, Grace IRC6000W, Grace GDI-WHA6001, Grace and Reciva iradio apps
The following users thanked this post: BMRFanboy

BMRFanboy

« Reply #2 on: 15:26:31 | 07 March, 2019 »
I just downloaded the firmware update that hopefully fixes this bug!  Here is the summary from Grace Digital support:

3-6-19
New Software version:  146.146 is now available.

For those of you who use SiriusXM you know there has been a issue that caused various critical problems with using SiriusXM.  SiriusXM made a required internal change on their service which unfortunately our SiriusXM app could not communicate with appropriately. SiriusXM has been awesome working with us to figure out and resolve the issues, and after about 10 weeks (yes it’s been a super long time L) we have a fix. 

All other bug fixes and enhancements have been on hold as the team focused on resolving this critical issue.  So we can now go back to the fun stuff.

And with this fix, I can hopefully go back to uninterrupted listening!  8)

Solo2

• Administrator
  • On the internet, no one knows whose dog you are.
« Reply #3 on: 16:06:47 | 07 March, 2019 »
Let us know if it does/doesn't fix the problem.  I don't have a SiriusXM subscription so I can't tell.
Radios:   Grace GDI-IRA500, 2 GDI-IRDT200s, GDI-IRMS300, Grace IRC6000W, Grace GDI-WHA6001, Grace and Reciva iradio apps

BMRFanboy

« Reply #4 on: 16:13:13 | 07 March, 2019 »
Will do!  Performance has been flawless this afternoon--no hiccups.  I'll check back in after a few days of consistent listening to let everyone know definitively.