Author Topic: A Reciva server down?  (Read 700 times)

drgeoff

A Reciva server down?
« on: 04:45:43 | 25 July, 2019 »
Problem with at least one of my Reciva radios.  I haven't powered up all the mothballed ones but two others I have tried are OK.

I select "Stations", then "Location".  Selecting that brings up the single option "Internet Only".  I select that and get "Station List unavailable".  I can go to "My Stuff" and successfully load "My Stations" and "My Streams" and successfully play those.

The other radios go as usual from "Location" to the list of countries.

I have cold booted the problem radio and cold booted the router to no avail.

I has been some weeks since I last used this radio so don't know when the problem started but it is more than 18 hours since I noticed it.

I am under the impression that not all radios connect to the same Reciva server.  Is that correct?

Anyone else seeing this problem?

drgeoff

Re: A Reciva server down?
« Reply #1 on: 05:46:36 | 25 July, 2019 »
I've since done a factory reset, which wasn't a preferred course of action as the radio had been Sharpfinned.  Made no difference.  Everything as expected except no station list.

If I select "Genre" instead of "Location" I do get that list beginning "60s", "70s".  But selecting anything in that list brings up "Station List unavailable".  Certainly looks to me that the Reciva server is not sending lists to that radio.

Have now tried another 2 radios so 4 out of 5 are working fine.

Sniglar

« Reply #2 on: 07:59:14 | 25 July, 2019 »
I have fired up my clutch of Reciva radios....a couple of IR100s, a Revo Mondo adaptor, a MX-200i clone and a Magicbox Cleaver.

All working fine in the UK with location radio stations playing when selected from their country's list.

Solo2

• Administrator
  • On the internet, no one knows whose dog you are.
« Reply #3 on: 08:29:28 | 25 July, 2019 »
Everything seems ok on the Grace micro system in the US.
Radios:   Grace GDI-IRA500, 2 GDI-IRDT200s, GDI-IRMS300, Grace IRC6000W, Grace GDI-WHA6001, Grace and Reciva iradio apps

drgeoff

« Reply #4 on: 09:00:20 | 25 July, 2019 »
Problem solved though I do think it was a problem at some Reciva server.

I went to my account at radios.reciva.com and selected the problem radio.  Changed the "Go to standby after powercycle" box from ticked to unticked and then clicked the "Update" button.  Don't know if the change was needed or only the "kick" to update settings but without changing anything on the radio it is now downloading the station list as expected.