Author Topic: Plus Server Down at Grace  (Read 157 times)

chairspud

Plus Server Down at Grace
« on: 07:53:24 | 24 August, 2019 »
The server (myradiosplus.grace.digital.com) has been down at Grace since yesterday. Bummer for me because I just picked up a used Mondo+ and can’t register the radio. I did call and report the outage yesterday, hope is not down the whole weekend.

Solo2

• Administrator
  • On the internet, no one knows whose dog you are.
Re: Plus Server Down at Grace
« Reply #1 on: 14:47:29 | 24 August, 2019 »
Seems ok now.  Working for you?
Radios:   Grace GDI-IRA500, 2 GDI-IRDT200s, GDI-IRMS300, Grace IRC6000W, Grace GDI-WHA6001, Grace and Reciva iradio apps

chairspud

« Reply #2 on: 17:25:38 | 24 August, 2019 »
Seems ok now.  Working for you?

Thanks for asking. Yes, and all my saved stations were waiting there for the mondo+. Having an innovator III and primo I was anxious to try a new plus Grace radio. So far not sure I like it, several features in the Ocean Digital radios (which I have been using lately) are lacking in the plus and am not sure I can do without them.

Solo2

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 07:16:26 | 25 August, 2019 »
What features are you missing?
Radios:   Grace GDI-IRA500, 2 GDI-IRDT200s, GDI-IRMS300, Grace IRC6000W, Grace GDI-WHA6001, Grace and Reciva iradio apps

chairspud

« Reply #4 on: 08:24:24 | 26 August, 2019 »
What features are you missing?

My biggest issue with the mondo+ is how Grace implemented the sleep function.
I listen before going to bed so use the sleep function at 60 min so that the radio will turn itself off after I’ve fallen asleep. With the mondo+ once sleep has been activated the display shows only the time and countdown which means I can no longer see what’s playing and can’t change channels or adjust the volume...the radio controls become locked except to cancel sleep. The Ocean Digital radios and older Grace radios when sleep is activated both continue to display station information and allow channel changes.

Also the mondo+ fails to display most station graphics and will not channel up and down thru favorites and does not display on screen the favorite channel number like the Ocean Digital does.

Solo2

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 09:07:25 | 26 August, 2019 »
Grace has said this about the sleep timer: "One comment of note with regards to your Sleep timer analysis. It is accurate that you cannot search for stations when the radio is in sleep mode. However, you can change the volume as well as change the channel to one of any of the 10 presets. The concept is when someone is trying to go to sleep that they are not typically searching for new stations but listening to any of their favorite top 10. '

Grace's CEO further responded as follows:

"
  1.  When in sleep mode the volume is adjustable
  2. When in sleep mode you can change between presets
  3.  We do not have other functions enabled like searching for stations because it is assumed you are trying to sleep, but the preset functions work.
  4.We also do not have the now playing screen showing in sleep mode, because typically when you change stations the radio will go into active mode which would make the screen go brighter. We choose to keep the screen in standby mode when in sleep mode to support better sleep.  We made this feature based on numerous customer request who asked us to not make the screen brighter or show bright album art or station art when trying to sleep and changing presets.
  5.  Grace has over 100,000 radio stations and shows album / station artwork when the radio station provides it. We update our database daily.   Ocean Digital has much less .   There are some situations when we show album artwork and they don’t and vice versa. This has nothing to do with radio functionality but the url the station owner provided us or Ocean Digital.   A good test is to go into the audio service folder and you will see the vast majority of stations from CBS, to  iHeartRadio, to NPR, to BBC etc. show album or station artwork.
6.    Scrolling between favorites: The Ocean digital radios do not have 1 button preset on the radio. The Grace radios have 10 presets. So you don’t have to go into the radio’s menu like on the Ocean digital to access your top 10 presets ( favorites).  In addition to grace having physical presets, you can scroll up and down within your saved stations folder or in the history folder.   Select either folder and play you station, then press the back button and it will take you back to that folder and you can scroll up or down and select another station. (scrolling up and down in the folders cannot be accessed during sleep timer mode. It is assumed that you are trying to sleep and that accessing any of your 10 direct preset buttons sufficient)

Other advantageous over Ocean Digital

1.    Adjustable fade out of sleep audio volume level at the end of the timer so you don’t wake up when the audio stops ( you can turn this feature off/on and adjust the duration)
2.   Adjustable fade in of the alarm volume when alarm starts ( you can turn this feature off/on and adjust the duration)
3.  Adjustable custom sleep timer ( can create both a default time and modify the time with each press)
4.    Adjustable custom snooze alarm timer( can create both a default time and modify the time with each press)
5.    Adjustable alarm duration.
6.   Ability to turn off the alarm before it turns off without changing the alarm setting for future days
7.    5 alarms
8.    Multiple mode and back light settings
9.    10 custom buzzer alarm sounds or set to any of the 10 presets
10.    30 built in sleep sounds
11.    Calm radio
12.   IHeartRadio radio
13.   Radio.com
14.    SiriusXM
15.    Amazon music coming soon
16.    SHOUTcast

Regards,

Greg"

chairspud

« Reply #6 on: 10:21:20 | 26 August, 2019 »
Thank you for your response(s), you are partially correct. I checked again and volume (but not mute) can be changed while sleep is activated BUT on my mondo+ GDI-WHA6010 you cannot change channels to any favorite after sleep mode has been activated.

No doubt the mondo+ has many features it’s just that the sleep feature operates contrary to all other internet radios I have owned and used and as implemented severely cripples the radios usability for me

Solo2

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 11:03:47 | 26 August, 2019 »
Well, everybody has their own personal requirements and preferences.  You should be able to use the preset buttons (1-5) to change stations that you have designated for each button, though, when the radio is in sleep mode.  Is the radio's firmware up to date?  If that's not working, I think I'd contact Grace.
The following users thanked this post: chairspud

chairspud

« Reply #8 on: 13:26:28 | 26 August, 2019 »
I bought the radio used and before anything did a factory reset and then checked for new firmware. Mondo+ says firmware is up to date but will check with Grace tomorrow and see if they can help me sort it out. Thanks again for your help.

anything