Author Topic: Mondo: Connecting, Buffering 0%, Retrying for all stations  (Read 1055 times)

TuneNut

Mondo: Connecting, Buffering 0%, Retrying for all stations
« on: 19:23:59 | 17 September, 2019 »
My Mondo has been out of commission for some weeks. When I try to select a preset station, it displays “Connecting” then “Buffering 0%” and sometimes “Retrying” for all the stations/presets.

In "Settings", the correct network is selected (a few other devices run okay on it), and the Wi-Fi signal strength reads 100%..

When I select "My Stations", the “Buffering 0%” message displays along with “Loading ...” and the rotating symbol, then “Retrying” Sometimes the list of My Stations appears. If I select one, “Buffering 0%” displays, then “No stream found.”

If I select “Network Firmware Upgrade”, the message “Checking for Updates displays for a while, then this message displays: “Error checking for updates: Check Network Connection”.

Do these symptoms suggest the cause of the problem and how to fix it?

Thanks.

oldeman

Re: Mondo: Connecting, Buffering 0%, Retrying for all stations
« Reply #1 on: 00:35:10 | 18 September, 2019 »
First is to check if there is an internet connection failure. Do an IP scan with your PC and see if your radio shows up with an IP number.
Alternatively, see in your router whether your radio is present with an IP number.
Maybe in your radio menu it is possible to see whether an IP number is given to your radio.

Solo2

• Administrator
  • On the internet, no one knows whose dog you are.
« Reply #2 on: 07:29:31 | 18 September, 2019 »
What happens if you pull out the battery, unplug it, and plug it back in again?
Radios:   Grace GDI-IRA500, 2 GDI-IRDT200s, GDI-IRMS300, Grace IRC6000W, Grace GDI-WHA6001, Grace and Reciva iradio apps

TuneNut

« Reply #3 on: 07:34:58 | 18 September, 2019 »
First is to check if there is an internet connection failure. Do an IP scan with your PC and see if your radio shows up with an IP number.
Alternatively, see in your router whether your radio is present with an IP number.
Maybe in your radio menu it is possible to see whether an IP number is given to your radio.

The Mondo is listed with all the other devices, including our Allegro and Mondo+. I don't have an IP scanner. How would it help to know if the radio has an IP number? Thanks.

TuneNut

« Reply #4 on: 07:36:48 | 18 September, 2019 »
What happens if you pull out the battery, unplug it, and plug it back in again?

I've wondered about that too. I've also been wondering if selecting "Master Power Reset" does the same as removing the battery, or does it do the same as a reboot?

Solo2

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 07:45:11 | 18 September, 2019 »
Well, why not try the master power reset, and if that doesn't result in any good news, pull the battery out and try the unplug and plug routine?
Radios:   Grace GDI-IRA500, 2 GDI-IRDT200s, GDI-IRMS300, Grace IRC6000W, Grace GDI-WHA6001, Grace and Reciva iradio apps

TuneNut

« Reply #6 on: 09:40:28 | 18 September, 2019 »
Well, why not try the master power reset, and if that doesn't result in any good news, pull the battery out and try the unplug and plug routine?

Tried both. Didn't help  :(

After reinserting the battery,  it found the network and used the saved key, then "updating icons" displayed. After that finished, I reset the time and date.

The remote selects the preset stations but they don't play; this message eventually displays: "no stream found."

When I select "My Stations" and try to load a station that way, "Error loading menu" displays.

I suppose the only other thing to try is a factory reset?

Solo2

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 11:02:49 | 18 September, 2019 »
What happens if you re-add the presets and then attempt to play them?

TuneNut

« Reply #8 on: 11:50:46 | 18 September, 2019 »
What happens if you re-add the presets and then attempt to play them?

I don't think I can do this. For example, if I press the "Home" button and select "iHeart Radio", it attempts to load and then says "No stream found."

If I select "Internet Radio," after a while it returns this message: "Port 80 connect failed. Unable to load station list."

If I select "My Stations," I get error messages and the list never displays.

Is there another way to re-add the presets?

Another thing I just tried was to disconnect from the router (unplugged the router). Radio displayed "Network disconnected! Please reconnect." After plugging in the router again, it found the network and used the saved key but will not play any stations.

Solo2

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: 13:29:06 | 18 September, 2019 »
I guess that you have nothing to lose at this point by doing a factory reset.

drgeoff

« Reply #10 on: 15:51:49 | 18 September, 2019 »
Your radio and another device on your network have the same IP address?

TuneNut

« Reply #11 on: 19:09:27 | 18 September, 2019 »
Your radio and another device on your network have the same IP address?

I don't know what the IP address is for any of our three radios. 

(If the duplicate posting of the jpg of the Mondo radio prompted this question, sorry about posting it twice; couldn't figure out how to delete the second one.)

oldeman

« Reply #12 on: 01:45:35 | 19 September, 2019 »
How would it help to know if the radio has an IP number? Thanks.

It tells you whether your router sees your radio. It also tells you whether port 80 is active.
An IP scan can be performed from your Windows PC by for instance Advanced IP Scanner Portable.
And from a smartphone by the Fing app.

Solo2

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: 06:01:13 | 19 September, 2019 »
If you want to see the ip address on the Mondo Plus, go to the home screen, then radio settings, then network info, then scroll down to ip.  It will be 192.168. .. something.  The ip address is assigned to the radio by the router.  It will show that your radio is connected to the internet via the router, but I think you already know that it is because the radio told you you were connected to the network, so the ip information may be superfluous.

Try rebooting your router, then doing a factory reset to the Mondo Plus and see what happens.

TuneNut

« Reply #14 on: 07:34:33 | 19 September, 2019 »
If you want to see the ip address on the Mondo Plus, go to the home screen, then radio settings, then network info, then scroll down to ip.  It will be 192.168. .. something.  The ip address is assigned to the radio by the router.  It will show that your radio is connected to the internet via the router, but I think you already know that it is because the radio told you you were connected to the network, so the ip information may be superfluous.

Try rebooting your router, then doing a factory reset to the Mondo Plus and see what happens.

I tried rebooting the router yesterday.

I'm going to try one other thing before resorting to a factory reset. I'll see if I can get the radio to work on another network.

As an aside, it's our Mondo (not our Mondo Plus) that is having problems. The Mondo Plus and Allegro are both working just fine  :)

anything