Author Topic: SiriusXM Xtra Channels?  (Read 192 times)

BMRFanboy

SiriusXM Xtra Channels?
« on: 12:31:56 | 04 November, 2019 »
Earlier in the year (some time in Spring I think), SiriusXM debuted about 100 additional online, streaming only, music channels called Xtra channels.  These channels have names, but no corresponding channel numbers. 

Best I can tell, these channels are unavailable on my Grace Encore+ (and I am assuming the Mondo as well).  Are these channels hiding somewhere or are they not available?  If they are not available, is there any firmware update planned to make them available?

Solo2

• Administrator
  • On the internet, no one knows whose dog you are.
Re: SiriusXM Xtra Channels?
« Reply #1 on: 12:34:36 | 05 November, 2019 »
From Greg Fadul, Grace's CEO:

The extra channels all have names and will be in a folder called ‘Xtra channels’.  SiriusXM released those channels just to their web app and a few other their larger customers.  They have updated their API and sent it to us. We are in the middle of updating the SXM API and anticipate to be complete in Q1 of this year. It will not just add xtra channels but a new look. Feel and many other features (we are under NDA with SXM so we cannot share what the other features are that will be added). Regards,
Greg
Radios:   Grace GDI-IRA500, 2 GDI-IRDT200s, GDI-IRMS300, Grace IRC6000W, Grace GDI-WHA6001, Grace and Reciva iradio apps

Paul Webster

Re: SiriusXM Xtra Channels?
« Reply #2 on: 23:13:29 | 05 November, 2019 »
Good to see development is active.
Reciva-based Logik IR100 and Tangent Quattro MKII plus lots of Logitech (ex-Slimdevices) Squeezebox and 2 old Turtlebeach Audiotron, handful of O2 Jogglers and some Raspberry Pis