Author Topic: SiriusXM--New Glitch with Encore Plus  (Read 341 times)

BMRFanboy

SiriusXM--New Glitch with Encore Plus
« on: 10:17:59 | 20 January, 2020 »
My Encore Plus has developed a new issue when streaming SiriusXM.  I turn it on and tune to Preset 1 which is set to a SiriusXM channel.  The Encore Plus connects and begins streaming the channel with no problem, but after awhile play ceases and the screen goes to the home page.  When I try to go back to Preset 1, I get a message "Already playing Preset 1."   After a few minutes, the Encore Plus just powers off.  I have to do a hard reset to resolve the issue.  After awhile, the problem repeats itself.  Help please!

Solo2

• Administrator
  • On the internet, no one knows whose dog you are.
Re: SiriusXM--New Glitch with Encore Plus
« Reply #1 on: 11:26:10 | 20 January, 2020 »
No idea.  I forwarded your question to Grace Digital's CEO, who responds, as follows:

"Sounds like either a suspect Wi-Fi stick or core module.  It also could be a loose antenna on the back but probably not .. but they should check that anyway..

A factory reset could also probably fix it and then they will have to input everything elseā€¦  so that sucks but could be random piece of code causing the issues instead of hardware.

Also make sure he does not have it sitting on a heater or in front of one causing the unit to overheat ( probably not the issue but worth verifying).

Regards,

Greg"

Radios:   Grace GDI-IRA500, 2 GDI-IRDT200s, GDI-IRMS300, Grace IRC6000W, Grace GDI-WHA6001, Grace and Reciva iradio apps
The following users thanked this post: BMRFanboy

BMRFanboy

Re: SiriusXM--New Glitch with Encore Plus
« Reply #2 on: 11:57:06 | 20 January, 2020 »
Thanks for the quick reply.  No loose antenna or source of heat nearby, so I will do the factory reset if the problem persists.

anything