Author Topic: Echo Dot turns on TV  (Read 353 times)

Keenite

Echo Dot turns on TV
« on: 05:33:50 | 13 May, 2020 »
When I tell Alexa to play TuneIn on my Echo Dot 2nd generation it automatically turns on my TV and  shows TuneIn playing on my HD Fire Stick screen. If I pause the screen on the TV or turn off the TV my Dot stops also playing. Most likely some kind of syncrhonisation hick-up; can't seem to figure out how to stop it from doing this.
Thank you for your suggestions.

Solo2

• Administrator
  • On the internet, no one knows whose dog you are.
Re: Echo Dot turns on TV
« Reply #1 on: 16:55:05 | 14 May, 2020 »
When I tell Alexa to play TuneIn on my Echo Dot 2nd generation it automatically turns on my TV and  shows TuneIn playing on my HD Fire Stick screen. If I pause the screen on the TV or turn off the TV my Dot stops also playing. Most likely some kind of syncrhonisation hick-up; can't seem to figure out how to stop it from doing this.
Thank you for your suggestions.

I don't know, because I don't own an Echo, but it sounds to me like you need to unlink the Echo from the Fire Stick.

Open the Alexa app
Go to the menu and select Settings.
Go to TV & Video and select Fire TV.
Follow the on-screen instructions.
Go to Link Devices and unlink the Fire Stick.
Radios:   Grace GDI-IRA500, 2 GDI-IRDT200s, GDI-IRMS300, Grace IRC6000W, Grace GDI-WHA6001, Grace and Reciva iradio apps
The following users thanked this post: Keenite

Keenite

« Reply #2 on: 02:55:51 | 15 May, 2020 »
Yes, I did already un- and then relink it, that seems to have done the trick for the time-being.
The only reason I linked in the first place was the ability to use my TV remote to control the Fire, a feature I very much appreciate. What was odd is that this glitch only happened when playing TuneIn on my Dot.

Solo2

• Administrator
  • On the internet, no one knows whose dog you are.
« Reply #3 on: 07:27:20 | 15 May, 2020 »
Well, glad it worked.
Radios:   Grace GDI-IRA500, 2 GDI-IRDT200s, GDI-IRMS300, Grace IRC6000W, Grace GDI-WHA6001, Grace and Reciva iradio apps