Author Topic: C.Crane CC WiFi discontinued  (Read 103 times)

ericf3

C.Crane CC WiFi discontinued
« on: 14:39:28 | 04 September, 2020 »
I asked why it is not showing up for sale and got this reply.

Thank you for contacting our company. In response to your inquiry, unfortunately our CC WiFi Internet Radio has been discontinued due to the parts to manufacturer are no longer available. We are hoping to have a new product available in the near future. We are currently offering the GraceDigital Mondo Elite WiFi Internet Radio.

I am not really all that crazy about the CC WiFi, but am familiar with it, so would have considered buying another.

EricF
Vancouver BC
Radios in use: 3 CCWiFi

Natural Sound

Re: C.Crane CC WiFi discontinued
« Reply #1 on: 13:55:55 | 05 September, 2020 »
It is based on a really old Ocean Digital design so I'm not surprised. I own two of them one I bought a long time ago and one a little more recently. The old one works but it's pretty slow to respond to the controls sometimes.

CCrane also offered a radio based on the TuneIn aggregator. It didn't last very long for some reason.

Dogmatix

« Reply #2 on: 05:24:01 | 06 September, 2020 »
The humble MX-200i may well be the most-sold Reciva radio ever, if you count all the brands together. Made by King Champion, it was offered with or without LAN, and with or without FM, in black, white, and even pink. It was offered by many brands, including DNT, Logik, Vistron, Marks & Spencer, CCrane, and Ocean Digital. Most of them kept the "200i" in their own model numbers. The German brand DNT offered a version with both LAN and FM (DNT Mini Pro) and one with neither (DNT Mini).

I never really liked the MX-200i. I found the display horrible, with high latency (the time taken for a pixel to turn on or off) particularly when showing rolling text, and on the few I tried, the force required to press the dial for 'select' was greater than the force required to move the radio on the table (OK, some nice rubber feet could fix that).

There were other variants on the theme, the same size and with the same display, e.g. the MX-80i as the Hypson MX80i and the MX-220i as the Zoomer Z-WIR-F 100.
Radios in use: Roberts Stream 93i & SB1 (×2),  Revo Pixis RX, Hama DIT2010, IR110 & DIR3500, Technisat 520, Sangean WFR-29C.

drgeoff

« Reply #3 on: 12:57:43 | 06 September, 2020 »
It is based on a really old Ocean Digital design so I'm not surprised. I own two of them one I bought a long time ago and one a little more recently. The old one works but it's pretty slow to respond to the controls sometimes.

CCrane also offered a radio based on the TuneIn aggregator. It didn't last very long for some reason.
I think the Ocean Digital design came long after the CCrane and other models that dogmatix mentioned manufactured by King Champion.
« Last Edit: 13:01:25 | 06 September, 2020 by drgeoff »