Author Topic: TSF JAZZ n'marche pas  (Read 88 times)

Pablo

TSF JAZZ n'marche pas
« on: 11:03:29 | 07 September, 2020 »
TSF-Jazz (France)  isn't loading on any of my Frontier-Silicon devices. Problem isn't my WiFi connection as other preset stations are loading. I then bypassed my preset and went back to the main station directory in case there was a latent update but without success. TSF Jazz on phone app is functioning normally. Any suggestions?

Pablo

Re: TSF JAZZ n'marche pas
« Reply #1 on: 11:20:55 | 07 September, 2020 »
The plot thickens. TSF Jazz loads on the Frontier-Nuvola website but not my devices.

Dogmatix

« Reply #2 on: 01:29:45 | 08 September, 2020 »
Just checked: same here. Suggestion: e-mail to Frontier.
Radios in use: Roberts Stream 93i & SB1 (×2),  Revo Pixis RX, Hama DIT2010, IR110 & DIR3500, Technisat 520, Sangean WFR-29C.

Pablo

« Reply #3 on: 13:11:00 | 08 September, 2020 »
Thank you Dogmatix:

I got a reply from a David@Frontier: he says that they did some testing and found that TSF-Jazz does not load "about 25% of the time". I'll let them know over at TSF.
The jazz-gods are against me: WBGO (Newark NJ/NYC), perhaps the best for this genre in the US, buffers every ten minutes or so and then when rebooted has a thirty second tag-ad. I've given up.

For those interested in jazz, WWOZ (New Orleans) is an indy station of with an accent on Delta Blues, Mardi Gras, and straight ahead be-bop. KKJZ who goes by KJAZZ (Long Beach/Los Angeles) is the most listened to jazz station in the US with an accent on more of the Brubeck/Herb Alpert mainstream stuff without too much of the Sun Ra or Ornette Coleman heard on WBGO.

With few other exceptions, most US jazz stations are packaged syndications playing with same anodyne programming cleverly tailored to give the listener the impression that the host in sitting behind microphone at their local station.

Dogmatix

« Reply #4 on: 09:41:09 | 09 September, 2020 »
May I suggest you try the following jazz-oriented stations:

Linn Jazz (Glasgow; 320kbps!)
JazzRadio (Berlin)
JazzFM (UK)
Radios in use: Roberts Stream 93i & SB1 (×2),  Revo Pixis RX, Hama DIT2010, IR110 & DIR3500, Technisat 520, Sangean WFR-29C.

Pablo

« Reply #5 on: 13:05:21 | 11 September, 2020 »
Thank you:  The weekend is here and all the smoke and pandemic provides yet another opportunity for staying in.
I'll give each of these stations a listen.

anything