Author Topic: Hi from Toronto, Canada  (Read 322 times)

agent86

Hi from Toronto, Canada
« on: 16:53:39 | 06 December, 2020 »
Hey, everyone.

Wow, it's not easy to join this elite group. :)  Took me about 1/2 hour to figure it out.

Anyhow, I found this place after hearing about reciva shutting down.  And I am still nursing my Sanyo R227.  It doesn't even boot up properly half the time.

Looking forward to learning about more models that are out there that may replace my very old Sanyo, after confirming the reciva situation.
The following users thanked this post: LesCornwall

Solo2

• Administrator
  • On the internet, no one knows whose dog you are.
Re: Hi from Toronto, Canada
« Reply #1 on: 18:52:54 | 06 December, 2020 »
Welcome! The boss shut down registration because we were inundated with registrations from comment spammers. You'll find some comments here from other Canadians looking for reciva replacements. Make yourself at home.
Radios:  2 Grace GDI-IRDT200s, Grace GDI-IRMS300, Grace IRC6000B, 2 Grace GDI-WHA6001, Grace  GDI-WHA 7501, Grace GDI-WHA8001, Hama DIT2100MSBT Grace and Reciva iradio apps

Baldman

« Reply #2 on: 11:09:59 | 07 December, 2020 »
Hey, everyone.

Wow, it's not easy to join this elite group. :)  Took me about 1/2 hour to figure it out.

Anyhow, I found this place after hearing about reciva shutting down.  And I am still nursing my Sanyo R227.  It doesn't even boot up properly half the time.

Looking forward to learning about more models that are out there that may replace my very old Sanyo, after confirming the reciva situation.
Welcome to our little part of the internet world. You will surely not be the only one coming to this forum after their radios quit working next year.
Grace Encore and Bravada

Alan E Hill

• Oh! That British Bloke ...
  • Administrator
  • That British Bloke ...
    • Oh! That British Bloke ...
« Reply #3 on: 07:05:01 | 08 December, 2020 »

Thx for joining...

If you see the number of spammers and trolls who queue up to join this small, but perfectly formed forum you'd wonder what everyone on the interweb's doing all day...

Everyone here contributes in so many ways... I assure you, it will be 30 minutes well spent.

PS: We are not "elite".
Alan | That British Bloke Listening in Navarumsunk, NJ, USA, where all the women are strong, all the men good-looking, and all the children above average
Listening to
Sangean WFR-20 / RCR-8 | Grace IR2600 | Alexa | Google Home
dumnonia.us
The following users thanked this post: Baldman