Author Topic: Grace Digital Links now on sale  (Read 453 times)

Solo2

• Administrator
  • On the internet, no one knows whose dog you are.
Grace Digital Links now on sale
« on: 11:04:56 | 18 December, 2020 »
The Grace Digital Links are now on sale at Grace's web site for $180.  This is the first batch airshipped from China, so there aren't many of them, but more are on the way.  If you're upgrading from a Reciva radio, you can request a discount.

https://gracedigital.com/products/grace-link
Radios:  2 Grace GDI-IRDT200s, Grace GDI-IRMS300, Grace IRC6000B, 2 Grace GDI-WHA6001, Grace  GDI-WHA 7501, Grace GDI-WHA8001, Hama DIT2100MSBT Grace and Reciva iradio apps
The following users thanked this post: Baldman

Baldman

Re: Grace Digital Links now on sale
« Reply #1 on: 11:08:59 | 21 December, 2020 »
The Grace Digital Links are now on sale at Grace's web site for $180.  This is the first batch airshipped from China, so there aren't many of them, but more are on the way.  If you're upgrading from a Reciva radio, you can request a discount.

https://gracedigital.com/products/grace-link
Good thing I read that right that it doesn't have a speaker and you have to hook it up to your old Reciva radios or stereo.
Grace Encore and Bravada

Solo2

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 11:24:22 | 21 December, 2020 »
Yep.  It's a tuner.  No amp or speakers.
Radios:  2 Grace GDI-IRDT200s, Grace GDI-IRMS300, Grace IRC6000B, 2 Grace GDI-WHA6001, Grace  GDI-WHA 7501, Grace GDI-WHA8001, Hama DIT2100MSBT Grace and Reciva iradio apps

Solo2

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 14:48:27 | 22 December, 2020 »
Grace Link, with dog nose for size comparison:

Baldman

« Reply #4 on: 11:58:18 | 28 December, 2020 »
 >:(
Grace Link, with dog nose for size comparison:

It's a conspiracy to buy new tuners! A radio that comes out with no speakers and just the right size to place on my Bravada X and my Encore. I want an investigation! LOL >:(
Grace Encore and Bravada

Baldman

« Reply #5 on: 11:17:31 | 29 December, 2020 »
Solo 2, I have a question about the Link. Why did they use a coaxial digital output instead of an optical one? I haven't seen very many soundbars that have coaxial outputs. I could use it on my old a/v receivers I have but I would have to get them out of storage.
Grace Encore and Bravada

drgeoff

« Reply #6 on: 12:07:18 | 29 December, 2020 »
Solo 2, I have a question about the Link. Why did they use a coaxial digital output instead of an optical one? I haven't seen very many soundbars that have coaxial outputs. I could use it on my old a/v receivers I have but I would have to get them out of storage.
Perhaps because it costs them slightly less.

Solo2

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 19:27:19 | 29 December, 2020 »

Well, on a radio they never built, they only had room for one spdif out (which was the same situation they ran into with the Link) and were mulling over the choice between coaxial and toslink and came up with this thinking:  "Digital out: Coaxial: Many Mid to high end receivers have 3 digital inputs. They often have two toslink and 1 coaxial. They often mark the toslinks TV and DVD players then have a coaxial for ‘other’.  Then some that have only 2 digital inputs often will have 1 toslink marked as TV, and 1 coax marked as other or CD … .  Hence Coaxial seems like the logical choice."

I'm not sure that that thinking is entirely accurate, but I put in my 2 cents in favor of coax because I happened to have an unused coax input on my receiver, so maybe I'm to blame.

On the other hand, maybe drgeoff is correct and they saved a nickel by going with coax.

The following users thanked this post: Baldman