Author Topic: TechniSat  (Read 1439 times)

Keenite

• Change is overrated
Re: TechniSat
« Reply #45 on: 05:05:48 | 06 April, 2021 »
A lilting ditty to usher us into the brave new post-covid world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M1IjerYv6Y

oldeman

« Reply #46 on: 22:30:25 | 06 April, 2021 »
Somebody gave me a hint what might be the cause of the strange start behaviour of BBC stations.
The sampling rate of most stations is 44.1 kHz. The sampling rate of the BBC stations is 48 kHz. The radio needs to "resynchronize" to cope with this difference.

Keenite

• Change is overrated
« Reply #47 on: 23:29:34 | 06 April, 2021 »
Somebody gave me a hint what might be the cause of the strange start behaviour of BBC stations.
The sampling rate of most stations is 44.1 kHz. The sampling rate of the BBC stations is 48 kHz. The radio needs to "resynchronize" to cope with this difference.
That makes sense. Would this possibly be due to firmware that is not up to date, since this only occurs on a few models. Danke für Ihren Input und viele Grüße aus Brandenburg.

Keenite

• Change is overrated
« Reply #48 on: 23:53:32 | 06 April, 2021 »
BTW, will the Squeezebox be affected by the Reciva shutdown? Many used ones are now on offer at good prices.

drgeoff

« Reply #49 on: 00:36:12 | 07 April, 2021 »
BTW, will the Squeezebox be affected by the Reciva shutdown? Many used ones are now on offer at good prices.
Squeezeboxes do not use, nor ever have used, anything provided by Reciva.
« Last Edit: 01:57:26 | 07 April, 2021 by drgeoff »
The following users thanked this post: Keenite

Crystalset

« Reply #50 on: 06:18:46 | 07 April, 2021 »
I've had a look to see whats on offer , came across a brand new Roberts WM201,£180.00. I suppose by the time it was received I'd be guaranteed 2 weeks of reception. Caveat emptor

Keenite

• Change is overrated
« Reply #51 on: 01:55:15 | 09 April, 2021 »
I've had a look to see whats on offer , came across a brand new Roberts WM201,£180.00. I suppose by the time it was received I'd be guaranteed 2 weeks of reception. Caveat emptor

I too am still undecided on what to do.
The Technisat has since been taken back to the shop for various reasons, even though I got it at a good price. Am also feign to spend upwards or more than €200 on a radio without first having tried it and that might not have all the features I want. May just usurp my trusty old Roberts 202 from my wife and buy a new small IR for her. This old Roberts has quite good stereo audio quality for its size and runs on batteries, albeit 6 huge Ds that cannot be charged in the radio, but better than nothing. Most IRs with buit-in batteries tend to be quite flimsy and don't have the 202's sturdy handle. Only drawback is that it only handles DAB and not DAB+, rendering it useless in that department, but since there is so much crap on German public radio it won't be a great loss and its FM band still works fine.
« Last Edit: 01:59:31 | 09 April, 2021 by Keenite »

Dogmatix

• Origin England; resident in Germany.
« Reply #52 on: 06:49:12 | 09 April, 2021 »
Have you looked at what Hama has to offer?

there is so much crap on German public radio

Too true!
Radios in use: Roberts Stream 93i & SB1 (×2), Revo Pixis RX, Hama DIT2100, IR110 & DIR3500, Technisat 520. No smart speakers, no voice-control gadgets.

Keenite

• Change is overrated
« Reply #53 on: 03:15:11 | 10 April, 2021 »
Am contemplating buying a cheapo IR such as this one for the time-being (on sale for €33 at Medi Max this week) until I can sort out what I really want.

https://www.cmk-elektronik.de/en/soundmaster-ir5500we-internet-radio/a-1000159

The Roberts 202 has two drawbacks: no remote and only 5 presets, though I suppose I could live with them if I had to.
« Last Edit: 04:43:02 | 11 April, 2021 by Keenite »

Keenite

• Change is overrated
« Reply #54 on: 10:50:58 | 12 April, 2021 »
Bought the Hama DIR3200SBT today, couldn't resist the €85 sale price at the local Media Markt. But as usual, there is the good and the not-so-good.

Positive:
-very good audio quality, stereo speakers with decent bass and treble for the size of the device
-good display and remote
-DAB reception acceptable
-Spotify works fine without a premium account
-Amazon Music easily accessable via the display or Undok

The less than positive:
-while it connects to the UNDOK app, it does not connect to Frontier Nuvola, nor to the Hama's own interface, which according to the instructions should be accessable via the device's IP address. Instead, when I enter the device's IP I get an information page, but cannot search for stations, define presets, and more important, no possibility of adding stations. I need to find out whether or not I can add my own streams to this radio. I can't quite figure out which aggregator it uses. I think it was originally Frontier, but the radio does not offer an access code to connect to the Nuvolo site. There was an update, which I have since installed.
Current FW: ir-mmi-FS2340-0000-0026_V4.1.9.74ddf1-2RC11
-as opposed to the picture on amazon.de there is no LAN jack, though this is not a problem for me.
-FM reception is nearly non-existant, but not a deal-breaker
-no separate antenna jack, the built-in antenna cannot be removed, I suppose an external antenna could be added by simply wrapping a wire around the existing antenna.

Will probably give this one to my wife if I can't figure out how to add streams. She only ever listens to the same three stations, which is perfect given that there are only 3 preset buttons (20 via the remote).
« Last Edit: 11:04:02 | 12 April, 2021 by Keenite »

Solo2

• Administrator
  • On the internet, no one knows whose dog you are.
« Reply #55 on: 11:55:36 | 12 April, 2021 »
What happens when you go to:  https://smartradio.frontier-nuvola.net/  ?  You should be able to get the radio to give you an access code by using the menu to go to System settings -> Info -> Radio ID, then enter that access code, along with your e-mail at the above-referenced portal site to register your radio.  Then you can add your favorites, etc. there.
Radios:  Grace GDI-IRMS300, Grace IRC6000B, 2 Grace GDI-WHA6001, Grace  GDI-WHA 7501, Grace GDI-WHA8001, Hama DIT2100MSBT Grace and Reciva iradio apps

Keenite

• Change is overrated
« Reply #56 on: 12:45:24 | 12 April, 2021 »
Thanks, but been there, done that...
The Radio ID number shown on my device is 9 digits, but Nuvola only allows for 7 digits. I know a Frontier-specific code is supposed to be generated separately, but apparently not on this model. Under "Info" the only entries are: SW Version, Spotify Version, Radio ID (9 numbers), Friendly Name (which I delegated in UNDOK).
On another site it was mentioned that I would find the number under "Help", but can find no such entry on this Hama. I seem to remember seeing "Help" somewhere before I did the FW update, but perhaps I'm simply having a senior moment.
Neither the quick set-up guide that came with the radio nor the 50-page long version I found online even mention registering the radio on FN, rather on Hama's own "administrative interface", which does not come up when I enter the IP as instructed. Perhaps they have discontinued this feature in the mean time.
Another drawback is that no song/artist information is shown, which if I remember correctly the Technisat did, though both ostensibly run under FN.

Keenite

• Change is overrated
« Reply #57 on: 12:51:29 | 12 April, 2021 »
"11.8 Calling up the administration interface
To access the administration interface, you must first determine the radio's IP address on the local
network.
To do this, open the Network settings display, which you will
find under System Settings - Network & Audio - Internet
Settings - Show Settings. Now make a note of the IP address
displayed there. Alternatively, the IP address can also be
determined from the device overview of most routers.
Now open the Internet browser on your smartphone, tablet or PC and enter the IP address in the address
line of the browser. (e.g. http://192.168.2.100)
If the IP address was entered correctly, the radio's administration interface should open."

The instructions show what this Hama interface is supposed to look like, but what comes up is a page from Frontier Smart Technologies with three headi ngs: Status, Network, Update but nothing to organize stations etc.

Solo2

• Administrator
  • On the internet, no one knows whose dog you are.
« Reply #58 on: 12:54:47 | 12 April, 2021 »
Huh.  Nine digits?  Maybe that explains the €85.
Radios:  Grace GDI-IRMS300, Grace IRC6000B, 2 Grace GDI-WHA6001, Grace  GDI-WHA 7501, Grace GDI-WHA8001, Hama DIT2100MSBT Grace and Reciva iradio apps

Keenite

• Change is overrated
« Reply #59 on: 13:04:13 | 12 April, 2021 »
Here a description straight from the horse's mouth, no mention of FN at all, only an indirect reference to UNDOK. Some of the information given in the original instruction manual appears to no longer be valid. I can only assume changes have been made for technical or legal reasons since that time.

https://de.hama.com/00054229/hama-dir3200sbt-digital-radio-fm-dab-dab+-internet-radio-app-bluetooth-white?srcLang=0&targetLang=1

PS: the nine-digit number is not the code for FN, rather the radio ID.

"High level of user friendliness: Control your devices conveniently from the sofa - by smartphone or tablet with the app, via remote control or directly on the device" no mention of FN at all. The bit about Hama's own administrative interface was included in the 2019 version of the user manual, but no longer appears on the website description of the radio.
« Last Edit: 13:16:25 | 12 April, 2021 by Keenite »

anything