Author Topic: LENCO IR-2100 need original firmware  (Read 22887 times)

black007

LENCO IR-2100 need original firmware
« on: 09:03:24 | 28 December, 2011 »
I hooked up the possibility of a beta firmware on the website reсiva. At the receiver has chosen to update the firmware. After updating the firmware, I see a blank screen. Do nothing else can. Anybody can throw a working firmware or tell how to flash through JTAG

drgeoff

Re: LENCO IR-2100 need original firmware
« Reply #1 on: 10:11:18 | 28 December, 2011 »
Oh dear!

First of all, assuming you already tried unpowering and repowering the radio, try a factory reset.  If the beta firmware has 'taken' a factory reset can be accomplished by removing the power (plug out for 30 seconds), holding down the 'Select' button on the radio and reapply power.  Do not release the 'Select' button until 'Reset completed' appears on the screen.

If the above has not brought the radio back to life the firmware may be corrupt.  If so, the only known recovery method is a JTAG reflash.  This is a non-trivial procedure.  See the files at http://recivarefuge.net/forum/index.php?topic=193.0, in particular JTAG.pdf and optionally Barracuda Connector.pdf.  You will also require a set of firmware files the largest of which is about 14 Mbyte.  If after reading the instructions and deciding to proceed, PM me with your email address if you'd like me to send you a firmware set.  (If you have another Reciva radio - not necessarily the same make or model - you may be able to extract the firmware from that.  Ask here for more info if that applies.)
« Last Edit: 10:23:21 | 28 December, 2011 by drgeoff »

black007

« Reply #2 on: 11:34:09 | 28 December, 2011 »
drgeoff, thank you for your reply. I tried to turn off the receiver. I tried to do a full reset. Cut off power to the receiver for 30 seconds, then hold down the "select". But it was not successful. The word "hard reset" did not appear. Do you think this is a warranty case? Most likely I can only JTAG. Well, I read the instructions for flashing. Likely to try to reflash itself.

black007

« Reply #3 on: 10:59:54 | 20 January, 2012 »
I flashed the firmware IRMA1. I'm used wigler JTAG-cable and ubuntu. I've done everything according to instructions. But the firmware is not reached! Anybody can give me a working firmware? Module inside MX-200i. CPU Samsung 5608. Thanks

black007

« Reply #4 on: 12:33:13 | 20 January, 2012 »
I found only the expected version of the firmware on Lenсo IR2100 v257 - 865-A-407-B-003

drgeoff

« Reply #5 on: 16:17:20 | 20 January, 2012 »
I supplied a relatively old firmware to black007.  Probably 257-a-756-a-030 or -199.  I expected it would bring his Lenco IR-2100 back to life but he reports not.  I now only have the 257-a-865-a-476 (the beta) on all my radios so cannot check if the -030 contains a config file for the Lenco.  Nor can I produce a set of backup files for the beta as that doesn't contain the nanddump routine that Sharpfin requires to make backups.

Can anyone advise if the 257-a-756-a-030 or -199 or earlier contains a config file for the Lenco 2100 or know what was the earliest firmware that shipped on it?
« Last Edit: 16:32:57 | 20 January, 2012 by drgeoff »

black007

« Reply #6 on: 23:53:46 | 20 January, 2012 »
Maybe I should try to flash 257-a-865-a-476 beta firmware? I heard that now there is another beta firmware-502. Maybe I'm asking it through update from reсiva and not 476? Since in our one pierced beta 476 and it was successful

drgeoff

« Reply #7 on: 03:27:08 | 21 January, 2012 »
I'm not sure what you mean.

The firmwares downloaded from Reciva are transferred via a special protocol and go directly into the radio.  I don't know any method to download the files directly into a computer.

An "ordinary" radio has no method to dump its firmware out to a computer.  To do that there are possibilities:

1.  Use JTAG and Sharpflash in read mode.

2.  Sharpfin the radio and use the backup option offered via the radio's webserver.  This method used to work but sometime around the -476 beta, Reciva removed the nanddump routine from the firmware.  I don't know if this was an oversight or if was deliberate either to gain some space or to prevent the firmware from being dumped.  Maybe it would be possible to take the nandump routine from an earlier firmware and add it to a beta'd radio but I have not tried that.

So I don't know how you can get a 257-a-865-a-476 firmware to flash.

Another thing to beware of is that the files used by Sharpflash have extra data in them.  If I recall correctly after every 32 bytes there is an an added byte.  Some form of error checking?  The Sharpfin dump and Sharpflash take care of that automatically but if you somehow acquire firmware by another method that may not be the case.  The getpart program in the Sharpflash bundle is said to be able to do a conversion as mentioned by Steve in the discussion at http://groups.google.com/group/sharpfin/browse_thread/thread/9730636cc92b295c.

If you have not already done so, try a factory reset by removing power, holding down Select on the radio and reapplying power.  keep Select pressed until "Reset Complete" appears in the display.  I won't be surprised if this does not work but worth a try.

Is the radio completely unresponsive or just the display is garbled?  If the latter then the following might be helpful.  The firmware I sent you has Sharpfin present and you should be able to access the webserver and telnet if you set up your Wi-Fi network to match how mine was at the time I made the dump.  I know what the SSID and WEP security settings were and the subnet details; the donor radio was not using DHCP.  If you want to try this let me know and I'll PM the details.

black007

« Reply #8 on: 05:50:32 | 21 January, 2012 »
I mean, a flash, after which problems started, the newest than 257-a-865-a-476. Under the firmware I do not mean downloading it from the computer, I mean the backup archive, the same as IRMA1.
Select button, I tried to reset. But without result.
The receiver is loaded, but no reaction on the button and the display of different characters. It does not work. Just lit display and all.

pippo

« Reply #9 on: 06:17:16 | 21 January, 2012 »
... Reciva removed the nanddump routine from the firmware.  I don't know if this was an oversight or if was deliberate either to gain some space or to prevent the firmware from being dumped.  Maybe it would be possible to take the nandump routine from an earlier firmware and add it to a beta'd radio but I have not tried that.

Hi,
as what regards nanddump I have released a  sharpfin-nanddump package (see www.pschmidt.it/sharpfin/index.php?title=Releases#Nanddump) to use together with sharpfin. It should work fine (since it was build from the reciva sources, see Github repo @ https://github.com/philsmd/sharpfin/tree/master/src/ipk/sharpfin-base-ipk/nanddump)...
If you have sharpfin installed and you are able to reach the webinterface (consider also updating the webserver to 0.9, see http://www.pschmidt.it/sharpfin) it should be possible to use the nanddump utility.
Maybe you or somebody else can test it and report us how well it works. I wanted also to create a wiki page to summerize how to use the backups and howto mount the jffs2 partitions and extract files from the nand dumps (e.g. see https://wiki.maemo.org/Modifying_the_root_image). Maybe somebody else (or maybe you) can do so,test it and create a wiki page on http://www.pschmidt.it/sharpfin.... (otherwise I will do it when I have time)...

Good luck in getting your radio to work again... I see that there are experts around, so you will get help from them, I hope.

Best,
Philipp

black007

« Reply #10 on: 06:54:57 | 21 January, 2012 »
This photo displays the receiver, board reciva, cable and cable scheme

« Last Edit: 06:56:43 | 21 January, 2012 by black007 »

black007

« Reply #11 on: 07:05:42 | 21 January, 2012 »
Good luck in getting your radio to work again... I see that there are experts around, so you will get help from them, I hope.

Best,
Philipp
Thank you.
I do not have access to SSH

drgeoff

« Reply #12 on: 10:06:47 | 21 January, 2012 »
I installed the nanddump addon to my Logik IRMA1 running v257-a-865-a-476 (the beta) and rebooted the radio.  However the Sharpfin backup function still does not work.  The first stage gives the usual:

Running: nanddump /dev/mtd/1 kernel-mtd.bin

Backup is now complete. You can download this partition from here

but the second step of trying to download from "here" (which is http://192.168.1.41/tmp/mtd-backup/kernel-mtd.bin) gives the 404 Not Found message.  Just the same as before the nanddump addon was installed.

The addon does seem to be installed.  Sharpfin's "Installed Apps" includes:

Package: sharpfin-nanddump
Version: 0.1
Depends: sharpfin-base
Provides: nanddump_files
Architecture: arm
Installed-Time: 2359500

All this with the 0.7 webserver.

pippo

« Reply #13 on: 10:34:26 | 21 January, 2012 »
Maybe the update to a newer webserver would help somehow.
But please try following steps:
first try to check if nanddump is available:
which nanddump
or
ls -l /usr/sbin/nanddump

then try to run the nanddump command manually:
mkdir -p /tmp/mtd-backup
nanddump /dev/mtd/1 /tmp/mtd-backup/kernel-mtd.bin

Check if the bin file was created by either using the browse function of the webinterface or via ssh.

If nanddump was not found try to run
ipkg files sharpfin-nanddump

I think the old webserver did not include the full path to the file... so it was not accessible...
Anyway, with the above steps we should understand where the problem lies.

I would suggest to open a new thread for this nanddump problem, it gets a little bit off-topic here.

Thank you for testing drgeoff

Bye

drgeoff

« Reply #14 on: 10:37:07 | 21 January, 2012 »
I updated the webserver to v0.9 and the Sharpfin backup now appears to be working.  A small bug is that the default file names offered when downloading and saving both debug-mtd.bin and data-mtd.bin have a trailing single quote eg debug-mtd.bin'.

Also I think that data-mtd.bin is superfluous.

I will email a set to black007.

anything