Author Topic: LENCO IR-2100 need original firmware  (Read 23664 times)

black007

Re: LENCO IR-2100 need original firmware
« Reply #30 on: 08:40:09 | 22 January, 2012 »
Unbelievable! I have connected via SSH and I can connect via the Web interface Sharpfin!!!!!!!!!!!
Only on WiFi. On the LAN cable is not connected.
But still it is a success!
drgeoff - you are a magician!!! :) :) :)

Hardware ID I can not see, as well as the buttons do not respond. Display blank, the backlight is working. WiFi module works, works SSH access and the Web, does not work LAN-port, buttons and display. I understand what you mean. What firmware are universal, that the jumpers on the motherboard is installed the correct version of drivers and configuration. But I have not changed anything, it is carefully opened and analyzed the receiver. I carefully soldered to the board wire JTAG.

On another forum I found a man who has the same problem (http://www.plugplayer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=694). He has updated the beta and the receiver Lenco IR-2100 was a brick. Those strange characters on the screen. Before upgrading, it had a firmware v257-a-865-a-407-b-003

Based on the information in the Info section of the web interface sharpfin currently installed misconfiguration on the Reciva Hardware Config 598. But earlier it was something like 838

I think that is currently loaded configuration of your receiver. All talking about it - at no IRMA1 LAN port (?), display and buttons other.
« Last Edit: 10:59:41 | 22 January, 2012 by black007 »

drgeoff

« Reply #31 on: 12:01:43 | 22 January, 2012 »
Based on the information in the Info section of the web interface sharpfin currently installed misconfiguration on the Reciva Hardware Config 598. But earlier it was something like 838.
Your radio has not taken on the personality of my IRMA1.  That has a Hardware ID of 997.

Could the earlier figure have been 854?

I and others have come across faulty boards where the reported ID number is a power of 2 less than it should be.  598 plus 256 is 854.

The /root/hwconfig/config854.txt file starts as:

#
# MODULE:      config854.txt
#
# VERSION:     $Revision: 1.3.2.4 $
#
# DATED:       $Date: 2008-08-18 10:37:38 $
#
# AUTHOR:      John Stirling
#
# DESCRIPTION: Config file for config854 - kChampion MX-01i
#              LCD = Same as cf947 (mx200-i)
#                    (16x2 character based)
#              4x4 keypad :
#                KEY_CONFIG_4x4_1 = 4 rows   : GPG8,9,10,11   
#                                     4 columns: GPD8,9,10 GPB9
#              Backlight J1-16 (GPB0)
#              Rotary Encoder = not fitted
#              Audio Mute - J2-1 (GPG3)
#              LEDs - none
#
#              Ethernet
#                power pin - J2-30
#
#              WiFi
#                power pin - J2-32
#
#              FM Mode signal - J1-9
#             
#              FM Tuner - Silicon Labs si4703
#                RDS - J2-3
#                nFMTRST - J2-7
#

but i cannot find an MX-01i on the King Champion web site.  However, https://forum.reciva.com/read.php?3,59292,62395#msg-62395 contains the statement by dogmatix:

"the King Champion MX-01i, sold by Lenco as the IR-2100, also has only two lines, but uses a simpler black-on-green LCD; much better!

If we are sure that 854 is the correct Hardware ID for a Lenco 2100 there is a workaround to trick the software into using the correct number instead of the wrong one.  See http://recivarefuge.net/forum/index.php?topic=605.msg6762#msg6762.

The hex code for 854 is 0x356.

See http://www.pschmidt.it/sharpfin/index.php?title=Config.txt_File about editing files.

Issue the command 'mount / -orw,remount' to unprotect the partition
Edit the /linuxrc file with 'vi /linuxrc'
'i' to enter Insert mode
Double Check your edits
Now treble check them!
Hit <ESC> to leave Insert Mode and enter Command mode
':w<ENTER>' To write current file (if you are sure and wish to save it)
':q!<ENTER>' To exit 'vi'
Write protect the drive with 'mount / -oro,remount'  (the 'sync' command is not in later firmwares)
Reboot the radio.

Hope this works

black007

« Reply #32 on: 12:15:17 | 22 January, 2012 »
Previously was 854!
After 2 reboots has 598
« Last Edit: 12:42:18 | 22 January, 2012 by black007 »

drgeoff

« Reply #33 on: 12:24:53 | 22 January, 2012 »
Previously was 854!
After 2 reboots has 598
OK, do the "bodge" using 0x356.

If it works, be aware that if you upgrade or downgrade the firmware again the bodge will be overwritten and you will be back with a non-working radio.

The reason why radios get the wrong ID is not known to me.  I suspect the solder joints on the ARM CPU.  Unfortunately that is a BGA device and you cannot get a soldering iron to those joints.

Dogmatix

« Reply #34 on: 12:30:44 | 22 January, 2012 »
My Lenco IR2100 has HW ID 854.

It did have the beta on it, and worked fine. Sometime early last year (or late the year before?) I downloaded a post-beta firmware which I found using Sharpfin: v257-a-865-a-482, with a few little edits. It still works fine. My wife uses it it in kitchen, so it is not available for experiments.

As for King Champion: they made quite a few internet radio models with Reciva boards for various brands, who gave them different model numbers. The only one with a consistent model number across plural brands was the ubiquitous MX-200i. However, not all models offered by the brands appeared on the KC website, and inversely, some appeared there which I have not seen appear on the market - at least, not the US/European market.

A hardware fault causing "mistaken identity" could be with the resistances which set up the voltage levels which define the hardware ID, which are on the radio's main board, or on the Reciva module between the edge connector and the processor.

The easiest way to find out what's going on there would be to substitute another Reciva module, if one is available. 
Radios in use: Roberts Stream 93i & SB1 (×2),  Revo Pixis RX, Hama DIT2010, IR110 & DIR3500, Technisat 520, Sangean WFR-29C.

black007

« Reply #35 on: 12:51:17 | 22 January, 2012 »
I bought a receiver in Germany. Apparently he was troubled. I realized that if I change the configuration, then flashing it reset. ))
I have no other module Reсiva to test unfortunately.
« Last Edit: 12:56:28 | 22 January, 2012 by black007 »

black007

« Reply #36 on: 13:32:39 | 22 January, 2012 »
All great !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Radio works!
I do not know how to thank you Geoff
Thank you very much! Very much!

But while the sound is not working
« Last Edit: 13:35:32 | 22 January, 2012 by black007 »

drgeoff

« Reply #37 on: 13:57:31 | 22 January, 2012 »
But while the sound is not working
:'(
The backup I gave you was from a radio with Enhance pack 2 installed.  The "readme" with Enhance Pack 2 contains the following:

PLEASE NOTE:
If you own a radio with analogue volume knob, you might need
to manually add this to the configuration file for your radio.
Go and find it at /root/hwconfig/configXXXX.txt!

Option:
volume-control
on

or:

Option:
has-volume-buttons
on

AND:

Option:
aud-soft-mute-in-adrvg
on

The file /root/hwconfig/config854.txt has the "has-volume-buttons" option.  Try adding the last 3 italic lines immediately above about aud-soft-mute-in-adrvg.
« Last Edit: 14:16:01 | 22 January, 2012 by drgeoff »

black007

« Reply #38 on: 14:53:58 | 22 January, 2012 »
I did.
I tried this:

Option:
has-volume-buttons
on

Option:
aud-soft-mute-in-adrvg
on

This:

Option:
volume-control
on

And this:

Option:
volume-control
on

Option:
has-volume-buttons
on

Option:
aud-soft-mute-in-adrvg
on

All the same, sound does not work. ((((
« Last Edit: 14:57:47 | 22 January, 2012 by black007 »

drgeoff

« Reply #39 on: 15:04:03 | 22 January, 2012 »
No sound for internet radio but sound for FM or no sound for both?

Does the Lenco have a Line-out socket and if yes does any audio come out of that?

black007

« Reply #40 on: 20:26:01 | 22 January, 2012 »
No sound for both! ((
Lenco has a line output. But it is bursting with a few seconds and the radio goes to reboot.
Before I heard that switches between the FM and the internet a little click. Now silence.
Now is not the switch to FM. Mode button does not work.
Although remote control switches. Switch stopped when I started to change the file config854.
« Last Edit: 21:57:40 | 22 January, 2012 by black007 »

drgeoff

« Reply #41 on: 02:02:55 | 23 January, 2012 »
No sound for both! ((
Lenco has a line output. But it is bursting with a few seconds and the radio goes to reboot.
Before I heard that switches between the FM and the internet a little click. Now silence.
Now is not the switch to FM. Mode button does not work.
Although remote control switches. Switch stopped when I started to change the file config854.
Was the radio rebooting before you began to edit the config854.txt file?

I think you should restore the config854.txt file to the original version.  I have emailed you a copy of that to be ftp'd to the radio.

black007

« Reply #42 on: 02:56:46 | 23 January, 2012 »
Was the radio rebooting before you began to edit the config854.txt file?

I think you should restore the config854.txt file to the original version.  I have emailed you a copy of that to be ftp'd to the radio.
Before replacing yes, the radio has been reset. But not always. After the replacement, of course, always.
It is important to be rebooted before the change?

Geoff, tell me, how do I replace the files on ftp receiver?
First unmount the drive via telnet?
Then on to replace FTP files and then mount the drive back?

drgeoff

« Reply #43 on: 03:07:09 | 23 January, 2012 »
Fuller instructions in the email.  Make the filesystem read-write with mount / -orw,remount.  ftp the file.  Check the permissions and chmod if required.  Make the filesystem read-only again with mount / -oro,remount.

drgeoff

« Reply #44 on: 07:43:33 | 23 January, 2012 »
No sound for both!
I have never had my hands on a Reciva based radio that has more than internet radio.  I don't know the details of how the audio switching and volume control is performed.

I do know that the internet radio audio from the Barracuda module is digital and I am not aware of any analogue stereo audio going into the module (where it might be digitised, switched and volume controlled).  Therefore I assume that the switch between internet radio audio and FM radio audio is done elsewhere in the radio.  I mean on the motherboard, not the module.  But it must be controlled by the module.

Check you have no bent or broken pins on the connectors on the motherboard that the module plugs on to and check for any solder splashes/bridges from your attatchment of the JTAG cable.

The config file says the audio device is a Wolfson 8711.  Datasheet at http://www.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/pdf/33858/WOLFSON/WM8711.html.  Can you check if analogue audio is present at its output pins 12 and 13.  If yes, then the problem is with the power amps.  It looks like FM audio goes into the 8711 on pins 19  and 20.