Author Topic: DNT IPdio bricked ??  (Read 1680 times)

deepX

DNT IPdio bricked ??
« on: 04:46:29 | 22 June, 2012 »
one of my DNT Ipdios is bricked... i think so ... i turn power on, lcd is on , it shows withe blocks...  after 2 sek. the LCD is off. that is all. The LED on the Barracuda Board is flashing. With Jtag i have access to the Board/Flash . Now i needed this 5 Files to unbrick the radio...

boot-mtd.bin
kernel-mtd.bin
root-mtd.bin
config-mtd.bin
debug-mtd.bin

have everyone this Files ???

thanks...

drgeoff

• Linux Linux
  • Browser:
  • SeaMonkey 2.11 SeaMonkey 2.11
Re: DNT IPdio bricked ??
« Reply #1 on: 07:41:37 | 26 June, 2012 »
Check your messages.

Slava2k

« Reply #2 on: 04:14:32 | 23 July, 2014 »
The same problem. Looks like it is not so easy to download firmware directly. At least I cannot find any links to download. How and where I can get it (for DNT IPdio)?
Thanks.

drgeoff

• Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 36.0.1985.125 Chrome 36.0.1985.125
« Reply #3 on: 05:05:43 | 23 July, 2014 »
You cannot download the firmware directly to a PC and even if you could what would you do with it?

First try a factory reset.  Remove all power form the radio.  Then while pressing and holding down the "Select" knob/button plug in the power.  Do not release the knob/button until text appears on the display.

The firmware rarely gets corrupted except when something goes wrong during an upgrade (initiated from the radio's menu system).  If no-one has been tinkering with the radio's firmware, the most likely cause of the problem is a hardware fault.

However, if you want to try flashing firmware, first read up about the JTAG procedure and get yourself a suitable interface.  Then pm me with your email address and I can email you the 5 files as listed earlier in this thread.  (About 16 Mbyte total.)
« Last Edit: 05:30:07 | 23 July, 2014 by drgeoff »

anything