Author Topic: Hello from Albuquerque, New Mexico  (Read 4130 times)

DebbyS

Hello from Albuquerque, New Mexico
« on: 17:10:20 | 07 June, 2015 »
I got my Grace Mondo about 2 months ago and have been discovering new talk radio stations ever since. I enjoy the radio, though I have ideas on how it could be improved, which I'll post in appropriate forum areas :)

Natural Sound

Re: Hello from Albuquerque, New Mexico
« Reply #1 on: 13:29:36 | 10 June, 2015 »
I got my Grace Mondo about 2 months ago and have been discovering new talk radio stations ever since. I enjoy the radio, though I have ideas on how it could be improved, which I'll post in appropriate forum areas :)
Hi Debby. Greetings from a fellow Internet Radio listener in N.E. Abq.
- Tom

DebbyS

« Reply #2 on: 13:27:41 | 14 June, 2015 »
I'm just now seeing your reply -- it's great to know another Duke City Denizen! I live downtown. This morning I walked over to the Railyard Market; yesterday morning, the Growers Market at 8th and Central.

Keenite

• Change is overrated
« Reply #3 on: 00:56:49 | 14 July, 2015 »
Hi Debby,
I have a friend in Belen, but haven't been there in nearly 20 years - ABQ is too hot for me in the summer.
Greetings from Berlin,
K

zeewier

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 02:24:30 | 14 July, 2015 »
Hi Debby,
I have a friend in Belen, but haven't been there in nearly 20 years - ABQ is too hot for me in the summer.
Greetings from Berlin,
K

I was in Berlin a week ago and I found the heat almost unbearable. This was to be expected after having lived in Scotland for over 20 years. The ABQ summer heat will probably kill me.

Dogmatix

• Origin England; resident in Germany.
« Reply #5 on: 03:35:30 | 14 July, 2015 »
I was in Berlin a week ago and I found the heat almost unbearable.

Almost, but not quite, 40°C (104°F) two weekends ago; that's the hottest I've ever seen it in Berlin.
Radios in use: Roberts Stream 93i & SB1 (×2), Revo Pixis RX, Hama DIT2100, IR110 & DIR3500, Technisat 520. No smart speakers, no voice-control gadgets.

Keenite

• Change is overrated
« Reply #6 on: 06:25:15 | 14 July, 2015 »
Hi Debby,
Greetings from Berlin,
K

I was in Berlin a week ago and I found the heat almost unbearable. This was to be expected after having lived in Scotland for over 20 years. The ABQ summer heat will probably kill me.

Bad luck my friend, you hit possibly the hottest spell in the history of temperature recording. Today in the teens and rain...
BTW, I hate the heat and sun, and one would think that Berlin would be the place to be to avoid all that, but the warming trend of the last decade often makes this city the hottest in Central Europe during the summer - ugh...

zeewier

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 06:34:12 | 14 July, 2015 »
Hi Debby,
Greetings from Berlin,
K

Bad luck my friend, you hit possibly the hottest spell in the history of temperature recording. Today in the teens and rain...
BTW, I hate the heat and sun, and one would think that Berlin would be the place to be to avoid all that, but the warming trend of the last decade often makes this city the hottest in Central Europe during the summer - ugh...

Our escape to the Schlachtensee reduced our heat induced suffering a bit. Berliners seemed to enjoy swimming in open water.

Keenite

• Change is overrated
« Reply #8 on: 06:59:16 | 14 July, 2015 »
Lovely lake, unfortunately tarnished by the "dog beach", replete with humungous yapping and crapping muts and their doting 'parents'. Berlin allows dogs to go unleashed in certain areas, unfortunately this is one of them.
In case you return here anytime during the summer I can highly recommend that you visit the lakes region to the north of the city. Some are nearly untouched and devoid of houses on their shores.
During the hot spell we spent 5 days on this lake near Templin
http://www.google.de/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia1.flussinfo.net%2Fmedia%2Fcache%2Fresized%2F930%2F95%2F65%2F99%2F956599ca2981102f1efd27dff3043c52.jpg&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.flussinfo.net%2Ftempliner-gewaesser%2Fgalerie%2F7168-luebbesee-nahe-eichwerder%2F&h=619&w=930&tbnid=_JW1RTn1ipr7vM%3A&zoom=1&docid=wn3vrSWesT-4cM&ei=phalVZjKM4nXU_mIkpgL&tbm=isch&iact=rc&uact=3&dur=476&page=2&start=38&ndsp=41&ved=0CK4BEK0DMC5qFQoTCJi1jefk2sYCFYnrFAodeYQEsw
http://www.panoramio.com/photo/39192219

BTW, how did your recital go?

« Last Edit: 07:05:18 | 14 July, 2015 by Keenite »

zeewier

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: 09:41:16 | 14 July, 2015 »
We could not find a suitable venue for a private concert, but we did enjoy an impressive performance by my friend of the Beethoven Violin Concerto at a concert by students of the Hochschule für Musik Hanns Eisler in the KKS at Neuer Marstall (Schloßplatz). They organise concerts regularly (usually devoted to one instrument), and I would recommend them to anyone with an interest in watching and hearing budding classical musical talent (of which there seems to be a lot in Berlin). Admission is free.

Thanks for that link - it looks lovely indeed. I'm sure we will return to Berlin one day.