Author Topic: Buffering...buffering.....ahhhh music! music!....buffering....SO ANNOYING!!!  (Read 2199 times)

cageloff

I upgraded my router about 6 mos ago and did a factory reset and reprogged everything, added streams like SOMA FM, et up pandora, SIRIUS and life has been grand!   

Then over the last 2 -3 days, the unit has the BUFFERING flu.  It cuts out intermittently, buffers, cuts in and out with yet more buffering.  I figured the WLAN was the problem so off to Radio Shack I went and I strung a LAN wire to my NETGEAR WNDR3700 router and gave the Reciva a  DEDICATED LAN wire, from a 5 GHz port on the router.  I figured I'd be GOLDEN but nope, the problem still persists.  SO ANNOYING.   I live in a very remote rural area and its my only real access to radio and we don't do TV.   

I especially got ticked off when I was listening to WWOZ New Orleans (90.7) and an acoustic solo version of "And She Was" by David Byrne kept getting interrupted by buffering.....

What gives?  How can I fix this???????

I recall other posts on the old forums but can't seem to find the answers on this problem.

...oh and what's the chip slot for anyway, on the front of the GDI IRDTT200????

Solo2

• Administrator
  • On the internet, no one knows whose dog you are.
The slot's for a standard (not a high capacity) SD card.  I guess those cards are a popular way of storing and moving music in some countries.  I have no idea how to solve your buffering problem.
Radios:  Grace GDI-IRMS300, Grace IRC6000B, 2 Grace GDI-WHA6001, Grace  GDI-WHA 7501, Grace GDI-WHA8001, Hama DIT2100MSBT Grace and Reciva iradio apps

zeewier

• Administrator
If the wired ethernet connection (btw to a gigabit port, not 5GHz because 5GHz refers to wireless connections) does not improve anything, my conclusion is that your internet connection is unreliable. To test this, connect the radio to your cable modem directly by ethernet cable, reboot the modem and see what happens. If the buffering continues then get in touch with your ISP.

cageloff

Thanks - did just that by connecting directly to my ISP's modem using an ethernet cable and I still have the buffering blues.

I will call verizon which only means it will be days before they figure it out.

Thanks.

cageloff

Spent almost an hour with tech support @ verizon - they insisted on doing all kinds of network resetting and after a screen sharing session and what appeared to be progress the problem persists.

Very frustrating.   I may try a factory reset which is a huge PITA