login

Author Topic: Revo Sale  (Read 11425 times)

Dogmatix

• Origin England; resident in Germany.
Re: Revo Sale
« Reply #15 on: 11:31:21 | 09 September, 2016 »
Maybe next week then....

...or next week perhaps....
Radios in use: Roberts Stream 93i & SB1 (×2), Revo Pixis RX, Hama DIT2100, IR110 & DIR3500, Technisat 520. No smart speakers, no voice-control gadgets.

anotherbob

• ... Finding Gateway ...
« Reply #16 on: 04:19:02 | 10 September, 2016 »
Maybe next week then....

...or next week perhaps....

In another place (Squeezebox forums) there have been rumblings about further BBC meddling with their DASH streams. Maybe this has tripped up the new REVO firmware.
ANOTHERBOB  
Squeezebox Touch. Squeezebox Radio. REVO Pixis RX. Monitor Audio Airstream 10. Auna IR-160. Soundmaster IR3000DAB

anotherbob

« Reply #17 on: 09:41:30 | 28 September, 2016 »
ANOTHERBOB  
Squeezebox Touch. Squeezebox Radio. REVO Pixis RX. Monitor Audio Airstream 10. Auna IR-160. Soundmaster IR3000DAB

anotherbob

« Reply #18 on: 07:42:16 | 03 October, 2016 »
I enquired about the update and got the following reply from REVO Support.....

"The update has been temporarily suspended at the end of last week (After being available for almost a fortnight) as there was a glitch relating to the volume dial so we are getting that fixed and we will have the update back online over the course of this week."

My PIXIS is set to check for updates, and I checked manually during this period so I wonder why I didn't get anything?
ANOTHERBOB  

Dogmatix

« Reply #19 on: 11:35:49 | 03 October, 2016 »
I have checked on my Pixis every evening for a good 6 weeks, and I didn't get anything either. Perhaps the update was enabled for one of the other two models first, and stopped before it was extended to the Pixis.

Either way, Revo are getting very good at not delivering promised updates.
Radios in use: Roberts Stream 93i & SB1 (×2), Revo Pixis RX, Hama DIT2100, IR110 & DIR3500, Technisat 520. No smart speakers, no voice-control gadgets.

anotherbob

« Reply #20 on: 04:25:09 | 04 October, 2016 »
I have checked on my Pixis every evening for a good 6 weeks, and I didn't get anything either. Perhaps the update was enabled for one of the other two models first, and stopped before it was extended to the Pixis.

Either way, Revo are getting very good at not delivering promised updates.

I emailed Support to ask why my PIXIS had not "seen" the update and got the following reply.....

The update should go live again at the end of this week if there are any issues then we can address them...

I did read a post on the Squeezebox forum in which the poster said his REVO had updated. The post was dated 30th. Sept. The model name was not mentioned.

ANOTHERBOB  

Dogmatix

« Reply #21 on: 05:43:04 | 04 October, 2016 »
"The update should go live [...] at the end of this week"

Well, I'll believe that when I see it. I've heard (or read) that answer from Revo once too often. Actually, more like half-a-dozen times too often.

EDIT (at the end of the week): Well, what a surprise..... still nothing.
« Last Edit: 07:24:36 | 09 October, 2016 by Dogmatix »

Dogmatix

« Reply #22 on: 05:28:45 | 23 October, 2016 »
Another two weeks later and.... still no update.

anotherbob

« Reply #23 on: 01:06:17 | 24 October, 2016 »
Another two weeks later and.... still no update.
Was beginning to think I might have missed it....
This was my last message from Revo on the 13th. Oct.

Dear Bob,

We'll be happy to drop you an e-mail as soon as the update goes live again.

Kind regards,

Support Team

ANOTHERBOB  

Dogmatix

« Reply #24 on: 14:05:29 | 26 October, 2016 »
Finally.....

V2.11.12c.EX69564-2RC4

(BBC AAC @ 96kbps)

anotherbob

« Reply #25 on: 01:23:14 | 27 October, 2016 »
Finally.....

Me too, though it doesn't have the capability I was expecting. I thought I would get full access to Listen Again radio, but I get a list of Podcasts. I wouldn't like to have to scroll through the list using the little "joystick". Using the Undock app. it's OK. First thing I looked for "The Unbelievable Truth" was not on the list. I'm a bit disappointed.
ANOTHERBOB  

Dogmatix

« Reply #26 on: 02:05:45 | 27 October, 2016 »
I can't find "The Unbelievable Truth" on my Roberts either, so that's a BBC issue.

The joystick thing takes getting used to. I find a rotary control much better, if it is of sufficient size. Being outside the UK, I don't have 'BBC' on the main internet radio, so I have to go through some more menu levels to get to a podcast list.

Still, at least Revo, like Roberts, are now ready for the BBC's great MP3 swith-off, whenever that might now be.

anotherbob

« Reply #27 on: 04:51:47 | 27 October, 2016 »
I can't find "The Unbelievable Truth" on my Roberts either, so that's a BBC issue.
The Podcast list must be a different thing from the Listen Again service.
On my Zettaly AVY using the iPlayer radio app it's possible to find any programme from the schedule whether or not the BBC makes it available as a Podcast. I can also do this using my Squeezebox Touch and Logitech Media Server modified by my hero BPA over at the Squeezebox Community Forums.
It would seem therefore that the Revos are not enabled for Listen Again, just podcasts.
ANOTHERBOB  

Dogmatix

« Reply #28 on: 05:11:00 | 27 October, 2016 »
...using the iPlayer radio app

Ah, well, there, being in the UK, you have a geographical advantage over me.

The 'listen again' feature we used to have on Reciva radios was lost when the BBC converted it to DASH. On Froniter radios with the update (to V2.10 or higher) it is partially incorporateed into the Podcast function. Example: "Just A Minute" was available as 'Listen Again' on Reciva radios for a week after broacdast, but not as a  Podcast, for copyright reasons. When BBC 'Listen Again' disappeared from Reciva, "Just A Minute" was gone (except live, of course). It was also not visible on Frontier radios, until the update, when it appeared in the podcast list. Thus 'Listen Again' and 'Podcasts' on Reciva, and 'Podcasts' on Frontier, and whatever you see on iPlayer, are four different lists. All part of Aunty's machinations.

anotherbob

« Reply #29 on: 09:58:16 | 08 November, 2016 »
...using the iPlayer radio app

Ah, well, there, being in the UK, you have a geographical advantage over me.
How are you getting on with the new firmware?
I have just given up watching the screen saying "connecting" in an attempt to get the Choral Evensong podcast to play. Not for the first time either. I've had to resort to a portable Bluetooth speaker connected to my phone and the iPlayer App.
ANOTHERBOB  

anything