Author Topic: CC WiFi-3 Internet Radio with Skytunes  (Read 1002 times)

Natural Sound

CC WiFi-3 Internet Radio with Skytunes
« on: 13:13:29 | 26 April, 2021 »
I just placed my pre-order for the new CC WiFi-3 Internet Radio with Skytunes. I was eligible for the $60 (half price) offer. I should have it mid June if everything goes well. I enjoyed my first generation model for many years. I'm looking forward to hearing the upgraded model.

Keenite

• Change is overrated
Re: CC WiFi-3 Internet Radio with Skytunes
« Reply #1 on: 01:42:40 | 27 April, 2021 »
Congratulations on making a decision. I'm not quite there yet. Am waiting for the big switch-off to see if either of my old IRs might be able to limp on with presets.

Natural Sound

« Reply #2 on: 18:17:40 | 27 April, 2021 »
Congratulations on making a decision. I'm not quite there yet. Am waiting for the big switch-off to see if either of my old IRs might be able to limp on with presets.

"Limping on" would describe my radio for the last year or so. Little by little it slowed down and has become less responsive. Kind of like arthritis setting in. I'm an old guy so I know a bit about that.  ;) I'm ready to put Reciva behind me and move on. I don't believe in stressing out over things I cannot control. Reciva was a lot of fun while it lasted. It would have been nice if it could have lasted a little longer but.... I wish you luck. hopefully your presets will serve you well for a long while.

RB63

« Reply #3 on: 22:35:07 | 10 May, 2021 »
Thanks for the input on the CC WiFi3. I'm new here, as well as new to Internet Radio devices. The Pico WiFi I picked up super cheap, is about to lose most of its functionality. I like that the CC WiFi3 allows up to 100 presets that can be input via web browser!
I'm looking forward to hearing more reviews about this radio as orders start getting fulfilled. I'm not eligible for C Crane's 1/2 price offer, but I did write to them and let them know I would like to be added to their second wave of discounted WiFi 3's that they have advertised on their site.
Cheers!

upisdown

• upisdown
« Reply #4 on: 06:36:34 | 12 May, 2021 »
I have also pre-ordered the CCWiFi 3. Still have two of the original radios. They satisfy my addiction to OTR.
Mike 🥸

Natural Sound

« Reply #5 on: 09:19:40 | 12 May, 2021 »
I have also pre-ordered the CCWiFi 3. Still have two of the original radios. They satisfy my addiction to OTR.

Whenever I come across someone who listens to OTR I ask this question. What are your favorite OTR streams? I know there are many but the two I listen to the most are Conyers and Antioch.

http://conyersradio.net/
https://radio.macinmind.com/

ericf3

« Reply #6 on: 12:06:20 | 13 May, 2021 »
Radios in use: 3 CCWiFi, 2 Ocean Digital

ericf3

« Reply #7 on: 12:36:29 | 13 May, 2021 »
I am still deciding about a new CC Wi-Fi3 (or 2) for myself. I am curious to see how it compares to the old model...

EricF
Radios in use: 3 CCWiFi, 2 Ocean Digital

Natural Sound

« Reply #8 on: 08:18:40 | 14 May, 2021 »
Here is a review of a pre-production unit. Two things I noticed were that it doesn't have an Ethernet port anymore and there is no media player.

https://swling.com/blog/2021/03/reviewing-a-pilot-c-crane-cc-wifi-3-and-taking-a-closer-look-at-radio-station-aggregators/
The following users thanked this post: ericf3, RB63

Natural Sound

« Reply #9 on: 11:37:24 | 21 August, 2021 »
I received my CCWiFi3 radio on Tuesday which is a bit later than originally promised. So far I like it. I just cant believe that they didn't include a media player. :o I used that feature a lot on my other WiFi radio. The 3 definitely SOUNDS better since they decided to include an equalizer. The Skytunes aggregator had everything I looked up so far (including some duplicates). The WEB UI interface is OK but I haven't found a way to add a station from the Skytunes database using the UI. Adding a manual URL is easy though. I've got 23 presets loaded. Those are my go-to stations but I'm sure I'll add a few more as they become known to me.

Did anyone else here receive their CCWiFi3 radio? I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Solo2

• Administrator
  • On the internet, no one knows whose dog you are.
« Reply #10 on: 13:20:02 | 21 August, 2021 »
So no media player, no iHeart, no Pandora, no chromecast, no Amazon music and a limited web portal? I guess it's intended as a no frills radio for people who don't want all that.
Radios:  Grace GDI-IRMS300, Grace IRC6000B, 2 Grace GDI-WHA6001, Grace  GDI-WHA 7501, Grace GDI-WHA8001, Hama DIT2100MSBT Grace and Reciva iradio apps

Dogmatix

• Origin England; resident in Germany.
« Reply #11 on: 02:11:08 | 22 August, 2021 »
So no media player, no iHeart, no Pandora, no chromecast, no Amazon music and a limited web portal?

What about Spotify Connect?
Radios in use: Roberts Stream 93i & SB1 (×2), Revo Pixis RX, Hama DIT2100, IR110 & DIR3500, Technisat 520. No smart speakers, no voice-control gadgets.

Solo2

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: 03:35:48 | 22 August, 2021 »
Nope. No FM either. Looks like it can receive Bluetooth but can't transmit it.
Radios:  Grace GDI-IRMS300, Grace IRC6000B, 2 Grace GDI-WHA6001, Grace  GDI-WHA 7501, Grace GDI-WHA8001, Hama DIT2100MSBT Grace and Reciva iradio apps

Natural Sound

« Reply #13 on: 10:49:58 | 22 August, 2021 »
So no media player, no iHeart, no Pandora, no chromecast, no Amazon music and a limited web portal? I guess it's intended as a no frills radio for people who don't want all that.

Yup, pretty much. I wouldn't pay full price for one but the $60 offer makes it worth it. The lack of a media player could lead me to selling or gifting it though. I have a large library of podcasts and radio programs on a UPnP server that I cannot play on the CCWiFi3.

I have a lot of CCrane products. And they have always been good about customer service. To me that justifies the premium prices they charge. But I found out something about the company that bothers me. They censor their reviews. That is not OK.  >:(

Solo2

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: 11:44:26 | 22 August, 2021 »
They have a good reputation.  I see they have no reviews yet on their website about their own new radio, but lots of glowing ones about the Grace Mondo Elite which they're also selling for the same price as Grace.

anything