Author Topic: Where is "My Stations" stored ?  (Read 343 times)

jpaul

Where is "My Stations" stored ?
« on: 23:00:42 | 09 May, 2021 »
OK, I have Sharpfin'd my 4 Reciva linked internet radios. I have looked thru almost everything I can with the File Explorer and while I have found where the presets are stored and have found the History file for the last 20+ stations I selected, I still cannot find anything that refers to or points to "My Stations" nor any data that resembles that list.   I have been told by the Reciva folks that the radios are programmed to go out to Reciva and ask for the "My Stations" list to be re-populated. When Reciva does actually shut down would it be possible to re-populate that list via Sharpfin?

I thought it might be possible to capture the IP traffic from Reciva and see what was involved.  Having captured [via WireShark] the internet traffic when the radio asks for the station update, I was disappointed that I could not make any sense of the traffic coming to the radio, so I emailed Reciva.  The Reciva folks replied that they have an encryption chip in each radio and that the stream to each radio is uniquely encrypted - which explains why the captured packets made no sense.

I presume that the My Stations list and even the entire "Reciva supplied" station list are stored somewhere in the radio memory. Can the data, even if compressed, be found and captured? Does anyone know the format?  Or are these encrypted as well?

EastEriq

Re: Where is "My Stations" stored ?
« Reply #1 on: 01:31:55 | 10 May, 2021 »
You're not looking at this, aren't you?

I'm not making use of My Stations myself, but what I would consider doing, as a workaround, if I wanted to save the urls till it is possible, would be to stream them one by one in turn, then retrieve /root/config/PRE_history.xml, then recreate either presetN.xml files, or bookmarkN.xml files, or mediaserver files containing them. With a script it should be easy to automate the process.

jpaul

« Reply #2 on: 22:23:20 | 10 May, 2021 »
Interestingly, of my 4 radios, only the Grace has a file of /root/config/PRE_history.xml, the other 3 [a Livio and the 2 Sanyo R227s] do not have such a file in the config directory. As soon as the stations-history and history-size options were added, these files appeared in the config directory.

I agree that since the ep2.install update provides 99 presets for all these radios, that might be the preferred path of least resistance for most folks. dif makes reference to the option: "presets-as-menu-items" which I found added the first 12 Presets to the Internet Radio line just below Locations and Genre.

As well, dif's media server seems like another excellent candidate.  I installed it as an Add-on to the Sharpfin EP2 on my Grace GDI-IRD4400M - it installed flawlessly and looks like another very reasonable alternative. Also installed it on the other 3 radios without a problem.

I have a few Audiotrons that used to look at a corporate [Turtle Beach] radio station depository. When they shut this down they provided users with the ability to load up a local file that provided the same station list information. Over time, the station info becomes incorrect and the user has to update/correct the station data file. But at least I can do it for the Audiotrons, whereas the Reciva supplied data in "My Stations" is not able to be corrected. Hence, my query on where it might be stored inside the radio. Even if it never gets deleted by Reciva, it will eventually become more and more inaccurate/obsolete.
« Last Edit: 22:30:35 | 14 May, 2021 by jpaul »

jpaul

« Reply #3 on: 14:05:03 | 23 August, 2021 »
Thanks to advice from EastEriq, I added Bookmarks ON and bookmark-on-long-select ON and, yes, now I see several bookmarkN.xml files in the /root/config/ directory - almost the same format as the several presetN.xml files in the same directory.  Is there a way to select these BOOKMARKs from a menu? I don't see any or is this just an easy way to create a preset by altering the name from bookmarkN.xml to presetN.xml?

EastEriq

« Reply #4 on: 08:19:43 | 24 August, 2021 »
neither I have found a way on my radio. Which doesn't mean too much, maybe it was planned, maybe another model or another firmware would have added the menu somewhere.

anything