Author Topic: Roberts istream2 with FS2026 module  (Read 387 times)

sotto

Roberts istream2 with FS2026 module
« on: 02:45:30 | 12 May, 2021 »
Hi, I'm looking for the full flash memory dump of a Roberts istream2 radio with the FS2026-0500 module. I think its the only way I can fix the ....waiting for PC wizard message, which is generated it seems if there is some corruption in the main program.
What I have tried is the Test DFU Device method, with no luck as it needs some PC software from Frontier Silicon to load drivers at the time of update. Software updates are available for the radio e.g. [ir-mmi-FS2026-0500-0037-2.10.13.EX67604-1A13]
but are useless without a working version of older firmware. Can anyone help. For info I use the last 6 pins on the connecter on the bottom left of the module to read and write bin images to flash. it's basically the SPI bus.
« Last Edit: 03:36:51 | 12 May, 2021 by sotto »

sotto

Re: Roberts istream2 with FS2026 module
« Reply #2 on: 23:56:45 | 19 June, 2021 »
 Thanks badpixel, I had previously read all Christian Weiske’s, and others, contributions on these modules. He’s a bit of a wizard I believe, however all those bin or firmware files listed are the update bin files only and don’t contain the full image, which includes the bootloader, as referred to by software guys, and if the bootloader is also damaged or corrupt it’s a difficult task. The problem is getting that update into a corrupt radio. Since my post, I have acquired a new module for the istream2 model.
 All modules come preprogrammed. I am guessing the radio module programming for Roberts is done by Sangean. Frontier Silicon don’t provide any info unless you are a radio hardware developer with NDA’s in place. Anyway...I plan to dump the entire contents of the flash memory of the module to a file and guard it for now. If anyone is interested, let me know or if you have any further info. I know for some this goes to a further technical level but the subject for me has been an interesting learning experience. Cheerio..

anything