Author Topic: "Preferred format" for feeds through <My Podcasts> ? ?  (Read 2962 times)

paragon

"Preferred format" for feeds through <My Podcasts> ? ?
« on: 12:24:39 | 22 May, 2013 »
Is there a preferred format for podcasts to be accessed through <My Podcasts>?   I've having trouble with some podcast files . but NO problems with .xml .  Anyone know the reason for this?

I use this feedvalidator site to check out the podcast  files, they appear OK and they are ... using direct web access/players. 

http://feedvalidator.org/check.cgi?url=http%3A%2F%2Fbobbyparagon.podbean.com%2Ffeed%2F

But when attempts are made to stream them through Reciva's <My Podcasts> feature ... they repeatedly drop/restart after about a minute or two.  And again I have no problems what-so-ever .. streaming the same content through <My Streams> This really has me buffalo'd

Solo2

• Administrator
  • On the internet, no one knows whose dog you are.
Re: "Preferred format" for feeds through <My Podcasts> ? ?
« Reply #1 on: 13:21:40 | 22 May, 2013 »
As a test, I tried adding your feed to "my podcasts" and the podcasts played without trouble.  I see from Grace Digital's facebook page that there have been some problems getting podcasts to load so maybe it's not just you.
Radios:  Grace GDI-IRMS300, Grace IRC6000B, 2 Grace GDI-WHA6001, Grace  GDI-WHA 7501, Grace GDI-WHA8001, Hama DIT2100MSBT Grace and Reciva iradio apps

paragon

Re: "Preferred format" for feeds through <My Podcasts> ? ?
« Reply #2 on: 20:39:14 | 22 May, 2013 »
You're correct .. and I have a query into GRACE Support about that .. I even downloaded  URL Snooper 2 to see if I can spot something that causing the drop/restart/drop/restart.etc. problem.  They 'support' that the URL that being used for the podcast isn't the actual origin of the 'feed' and that's where the problem is.   

I did notice that any podcast URL with an .xml give Grace and Sanyo Iradios no problems what-so-ever!   

Really frustrating .... when all you want to be is a 'user' and not delve into the techie end of things.  :-(

anything