login

Author Topic: Clarus Plus Magicbox: 'Format error'  (Read 3355 times)

BlightyExPat

Clarus Plus Magicbox: 'Format error'
« on: 07:43:42 | 10 November, 2015 »
My Clarus Plus Magicbox has worked perfectly OK for a few years, now, but for the past few days it displays 'Format error' for 99% of internet stations, the odd exception being a few Mid East and East European stations. Meantime, my Roberts works perfectly OK on the same home wifi network.
I've rebooted the Rooter and have factory reset the Clarus, but nothing changes.
I'm in Cape Town, but I would not have thought this issue to be related to a specific geographical region?

Anyone has similar issues or can offer me advice?

Keenite

• Change is overrated
Re: Clarus Plus Magicbox: 'Format error'
« Reply #1 on: 07:57:07 | 10 November, 2015 »
Odd indeed, that some channels still function.
One thing you still might try is unlinking it from your Reciva.com account and then relinking it, though am not too optimistic that this will change anything. Are the functioning channels being selected from presets or from the online list of channels?
Do you have any self-defined streams? If so, do they work?

drgeoff

« Reply #2 on: 08:36:21 | 10 November, 2015 »
One thing you still might try is unlinking it from your Reciva.com account and then relinking it,
That might be difficult.

(Hint:  It is Frontier Silicon based, not Reciva.  :)  )

BlightyExPat

« Reply #3 on: 21:52:23 | 10 November, 2015 »
I've never linked it to an account, Reciva or Frontier Silicon, whichever it happens to be. It just worked, out-of-the-box.
My presets are all set to UK stations and none of these work any more, but they also don't if I select them from the usual 'search' lists.
I can still use Mediaplayer and the odd internet station still does function.

Keenite

• Change is overrated
« Reply #4 on: 03:30:33 | 11 November, 2015 »
You could try linking it to an FS account here:
http://www.wifiradio-frontier.com/setupapp/fs/asp/AuthLogin/SignIn.asp?sLogoutType=OUTCOMPLETE&lngy=&sAuthErr=sp1&sAuth=

When registering you will need your "Radio ID", which is shown on your radio under "System settings + Info".

Have you also checked for a firmware update?
My Roberts 202 has had the same version since 2010:

SW
ir-mmi.rob.ven6-wm202-V
1.5.6.21635-UK_9
« Last Edit: 03:53:49 | 11 November, 2015 by Keenite »

BlightyExPat

« Reply #5 on: 08:58:09 | 11 November, 2015 »
Weird!!! I check it when I get home from work.... just in case. And today, it suddenly works again!
I'll still register the radio, purely for interests sake.

Thanks for your assistance.

Keenite

• Change is overrated
« Reply #6 on: 10:21:09 | 11 November, 2015 »
Weird!!! I check it when I get home from work.... just in case. And today, it suddenly works again!
I'll still register the radio, purely for interests sake.

Thanks for your assistance.

Good to hear, but am not overly surprised. The way you described the problem led me to believe that it might be a temporary screw-up somewhere in your system.
By linking your radio to their site you can browse stations online and select favorites, which will then show up on any radio linked to your account. Or, you can create streams of stations that are not currently in the database. It's not a very well organized site, but does appear to be functioning properly at the present time

anything