Author Topic: reciva.com shutting down?  (Read 17108 times)

zeewier

• Administrator
Re: reciva.com shutting down?
« Reply #300 on: 01:46:07 | 25 May, 2021 »
My Stuff on radios.reciva.com has disappeared as from this morning. But my TMA-1 is still working as usual.

Dogmatix

• Origin England; resident in Germany.
« Reply #301 on: 02:29:23 | 25 May, 2021 »
Just checked the DNT, CCrane and Rotel versions: My Stuff still works on all of them, although on the CCrane version, the My Stations, My Streams and My Podcasts buttons are invisible - they are there when you click Manage My Stuff, and they work, but are written in invisible pixels.

Having logged in on one of those sites, I went back to the Reciva portal in another tab (radios.reciva.com), and found myself on the logged-in page, with all Manage My Stuff options available and working, as well as My Radios. Searching for, and adding, new stations still works.

Thus, on the main Reciva portal, whislt the login page is disabled, once you have logged in via one of the branded sites, everything else still works.
Radios in use: Roberts Stream 93i & SB1 (×2), Revo Pixis RX, Hama DIT2100, IR110 & DIR3500, Technisat 520. No smart speakers, no voice-control gadgets.
The following users thanked this post: Keenite, Baldman, ericf3, Chomas

EastEriq

« Reply #302 on: 05:19:50 | 03 June, 2021 »
My Tangent Quattro got the godbye somewhen before yesterday - but nothing bad so far.
The only noticeable effect is that from the Stations menu I can only access a single <No Stationlist available> (interestingly pointing to http://p1.h1.uk.reciva.com/silence.mp3). Which if I try to "load" hangs IR - but I can always switch Mode and resume functionality.
Besides that, saved presets work, history works, FM works, media player (the new one) works, menu navigation is fine.
I still see a list of stations in My Stations and an identical list in My Streams, but I can't say if they lead to some connection or not - I never made any real use of these entries, so the few ones I had inserted years ago are certainly obsolete and as of now don't lead to anything.
« Last Edit: 05:29:33 | 03 June, 2021 by EastEriq »

Quirzo

« Reply #303 on: 22:11:04 | 03 June, 2021 »
Same here, two Tangent Quattros and both lost all channels.

No more internet stations available under "Stations". However, luckily, the presets work and I can manage them now through web interface (Sharpfin). So it's not bricked which is very nice.

Dogmatix

« Reply #304 on: 03:11:57 | 05 June, 2021 »
Also same here on my AE and two Roberts WM201s. No station lists are available, but the favourites lists and local presets are still there, and media player works.

It is still possible to search stations on the branded Reciva websites and add them to favourites.
« Last Edit: 03:21:26 | 05 June, 2021 by Dogmatix »
Radios in use: Roberts Stream 93i & SB1 (×2), Revo Pixis RX, Hama DIT2100, IR110 & DIR3500, Technisat 520. No smart speakers, no voice-control gadgets.

zeewier

• Administrator
« Reply #305 on: 06:10:13 | 05 June, 2021 »
Also same here on my AE and two Roberts WM201s. No station lists are available, but the favourites lists and local presets are still there, and media player works.

It is still possible to search stations on the branded Reciva websites and add them to favourites.

Same here with the WM 201 and Avox Petite. But the Avox TMA-1 is still in business as usual.

Chomas

« Reply #306 on: 07:24:00 | 05 June, 2021 »
Same here, with all my radio receivers and Logik IR 100.  Rest in peace my Friend. You were with me always when, I was happy, and with bad days as well. :( (I'm not prepared to
throw you in to the trash. :/)
 I guess you will stay not only in my heart but also on the table, or something like that.
Radios: LOGIK IR 100,  LENCO IR 1650 (Is dead), LENCO IR 2100B, LENCO IR 3000, LENCO IR 2002.
------------------
FB FANS SITE: Logik  ir 100

Dogmatix

« Reply #307 on: 07:49:47 | 05 June, 2021 »
But the Avox TMA-1 is still in business as usual.

Possibly something to do with its relationship with the Grace Microsystem? Maybe the config file of one calls upon that of the other. There was a lot of that going on, especially with all the King Champion 200i versions around.

Solo2

• Administrator
  • On the internet, no one knows whose dog you are.
« Reply #308 on: 10:33:12 | 05 June, 2021 »
But the Avox TMA-1 is still in business as usual.

Possibly something to do with its relationship with the Grace Microsystem? Maybe the config file of one calls upon that of the other. There was a lot of that going on, especially with all the King Champion 200i versions around.

My Grace microsystem is still ticking on, unaffected.  I have no idea if there's any connection with its Avox twin.
Radios:  Grace GDI-IRMS300, Grace IRC6000B, 2 Grace GDI-WHA6001, Grace  GDI-WHA 7501, Grace GDI-WHA8001, Hama DIT2100MSBT Grace and Reciva iradio apps

dif

« Reply #309 on: 00:51:42 | 08 June, 2021 »
My radios have also now lost access to the Reciva station list. But the internal media server is continuing to work normally and I can connect to a range of stations. Since it looks like the radios will still run this I'll continue with some development to see if I can improve it.
Radios: Acoustic Energy AE17 & Logik IR100
The following users thanked this post: Quirzo

Dogmatix

« Reply #310 on: 07:18:46 | 08 June, 2021 »
Since it looks like the radios will still run this.

We still don't know if they'll run once the Reciva infrastructure is completely shut down. We don't know if non-Grace radios will also be nobbled in a similar manner to Grace radios.

The Ides of March are come - but not yet gone. (Figuratively speaking.)

Keenite

• Change is overrated
« Reply #311 on: 07:59:49 | 08 June, 2021 »
My Avox Indio no longer connects to Reciva but all presets AND my Reciva lists of stations are still available. Connection to router via Media Player also OK.
Same for the Indio Petite. All entries under My Stuff still showing and working.
« Last Edit: 08:04:46 | 08 June, 2021 by Keenite »
The following users thanked this post: Baldman

g121

« Reply #312 on: 20:23:58 | 08 June, 2021 »
using http://rotel.reciva.com/index

It shows that new stations are still being added.
Inselradio Updatd at 03:02 on 9th June
Radio Regenbogen Musik von hier Updatd at 03:02 on 9th June
Exclusively Steely Dan Updatd at 03:02 on 9th June
CJRG-FM 94.5 (Radio Gaspésie) Gaspé, QC Updatd at 03:02 on 9th June
Exclusively The Monkees Updatd at 03:02 on 9th June
Bremen1 Spezial Updatd at 03:02 on 9th June
Radio Regenbogen 2000er Updatd at 03:02 on 9th June
Yesterdayland Non Stop Updatd at 03:02 on 9th June

If Reciva is shutting down, who's still adding stations & why?
The following users thanked this post: ericf3

Paul Webster

« Reply #313 on: 00:32:36 | 09 June, 2021 »
Added or updated?

I suspect that if a station that has been marked as failing then subsequently passes the stream tester then it is reported as updated even if the stream url was not changed.

I think the stream tester is a script that loops through all stations and runs the same application that runs on the radios ... with the theory that info it works in the application in their stream test environment then it should work on the devices. However, once they had different build versions of the application for different hardware capabilities then that became less reliable.
Reciva-based Logik IR100 and Tangent Quattro MKII plus lots of Logitech (ex-Slimdevices) Squeezebox and 2 old Turtlebeach Audiotron, handful of O2 Jogglers and some Raspberry Pis

Keenite

• Change is overrated
« Reply #314 on: 05:03:34 | 11 June, 2021 »
I can still do a manual search from my radio and the stations it finds can be played.
The following users thanked this post: Baldman